1. Which recent football headline is not true?
Washington State-Colorado game available on pay-per-view for $29.95
Syracuse's triple-overtime win over North Carolina not on local TV
Florida-Miami thriller interrupted by Will & Grace rerun
2. To retain possession after a fourth-quarter fumble in Notre Dame's comeback victory over Washington State on Sept. 6, Irish quarterback Carlyle Holiday claims he did what?
A Bit a player
B Grabbed an opponent's crotch
C Summoned the strength of God
3. Which of these college-sports stud muffins did not appear in CosmoGIRL!'s recent "10 Most Eligible College Men" feature?
A Eli Manning, Mississippi football
B Brock Berlin, Miami football
C Jamie Roth, Harvard soccer
4. Kansas State's intramural flag football games are unique in what way?
A You must drink a beer after every touchdown
B There are no rules whatsoever
C Two forward passes are allowed per down
5. In cutting ties with suspended running back Maurice Clarett, which of the following did Ohio State not do?
A Pull his number 13 jersey from campus bookstores
B Delete his bio and reprint its media guide
C Remove his likeness from a mural celebrating the 2003 national championship
6. Oregon will add which of the following club sports this fall?
C Women's ice hockey
7. Southern Illinois football coach Jerry Kill attributed his team's Sept. 6 win over Southeast Missouri State to what?
A His Jim Tressel-ish sweater vest
B A lucky pen he keeps in his breast pocket
C His team's pregame meal
8. Prior to an Aug. 31 soccer game in Seattle against Washington State, Maryland defender Carly Viher helped clear the field of what?
A Goose poop
C Remnants of the Rick Neuheisel bobbleheads given away at the previous night's football game
9. What's wrong with this sentence: After an 0-2 start, an overzealous Auburn fan started a website called www.firetubberville.com.
A Auburn was 2-0
B Auburn already fired its coach
C One b in Tuberville, putz
10. Match the figures:
A Approximate number of audio files illegally downloaded by Colorado defensive lineman Matt McChesney, according to a music-industry lawsuit
B Approximate number of student season tickets paid for using an anonymous donation to the Michigan basketball program
C Approximate dollar value of golf clubs lost at Newark Liberty Airport by Arizona State golfer Alejandro Canizares (left), the defending NCAA champion
i 500 ii 1,300 iii 2,000
1) C; 2) A; 3) B; 4) C; 5) B; 6) A and B; 7) A; 8) A; 9) C; 10) A-ii, B-i, C-iii
Issue date: September 23, 2003