Posted: Friday March 24, 2006 11:28AM; Updated: Friday March 24, 2006 6:24PM
By Tony Pauline, Special to SI.com
1. Jon Scott, OT, Texas: An ill-prepared Scott could only complete a paltry 17 reps on the bench. Surprisingly, he did not try to better his slow 40 time of 5.35 at the combine. The Longhorns tackle weighed 322 pounds, seven more than in Indy.
2. Stefon Wheeler, OT, Michigan State: Long considered an underachiever, Wheeler did nothing to shed that label. The big offensive lineman weighed 333 pounds and completed just 18 reps on the bench.
3. Willie Evans, DE, Mississippi State: The SEC leader in sacks disappointed scouts when he barely broke 5.0 in the 40. Evans' times were 4.97 and 4.95.
4. Kai Parham, LB, Virginia: The underclassman bettered his times from the combine, though not by much. Parham clocked in at 4.91 and 4.99 in the 40, in addition to a horribly slow 4.79 in the short shuttle, a time beaten by most offensive linemen. He'll go in the late rounds of the draft.
5. Jason Avant, WR, Michigan: The big possession receiver ran his 40s in 4.80, just a little faster than the Wolverines tight ends last Friday.