1. After attending the 2005 Heisman Trophy ceremony, USC's Matt Leinart was spotted at New York City nightclub Marquee. Four days later unflattering photos of a flush Leinart grinding with an anonymous girl surfaced on Deadspin.com. (At the time, he was dating USC basketball guard Brynn Cameron.) The QB later refuted allegations that he made a pass at the girl and that she slapped him.
2. Paul Shirley's self-deprecating blog, "My So-Called NBA Career," landed the ex-Phoenix Suns forward a book deal at Random House and a TV pilot on Fox. Fantastic Four director Tim Story will helm The 12th Man, about a bench-warming forward on the fictional Cincinnati Crash.
3. Following the arrest of two Carolina Panthers cheerleaders (the pair were accused of having sex in a nightclub bathroom and assaulting a patron) The Smoking Gun dug up Renee Thomas and Angela Keathley's mugshots, as well as their Top Cats profiles, which the team had purged from Panthers.com.
4. When internet message boards lit up with chatter about Oregon basketball coach Ernie Kent's alleged infidelity (and speculation that it would lead to his firing) OU was forced to address the issue. Kent conceded "difficult times" with his family, and school officials reviewed his expenses. OU eventually stood by its man and extended Kent's contract.
5. Days after Colts coach Tony Dungy's son committed suicide, web scavengers unearthed the late James Dungy's myspace.com page. Among the revelations were references to guns and drugs and an eerie post by the 18-year-old: "Can't talk to nobody no more.
6. When Deadspin editor Will Leitch heard buzz from MLB sources that the Yankee's Matt Lawton had tested for steroids he did what no print publication would do -- he ran with it. Lawton's 10-day suspension was announced three hours later.
7. One day after a divisional playoff game in Cincinnati, Profootballtalk.com reported that Bengals WR Chad Johnson took a swing at head coach Marvin Lewis and put receivers coach Hue Jackson in a headlock during halftime. Involved parties have so far denied the incident, but numerous outlets continue to report anonymous players corroborating the story.