Cheerleader of the Week
20 questions with UGA's Christine Conley
Posted: Thursday October 5, 2006 8:06AM; Updated: Thursday October 12, 2006 1:22PM
Name: Christine Conley
1. In 10 years, I'll likely be: Working as a labor and delivery nurse, happily married and hopefully raising a family of my own.
2. Why I love UGA: I love UGA because of the atmosphere that the students create. Everyone loves the DAWGS. I love it so much because every time I have the opportunity to step foot onto the field in Sanford Stadium I get chill bumps. I love UGA because of its tradition! There's nothing like a Saturday afternoon between the hedges. Glory, Glory to ole Georgia!
3. Movies I can't live without: Finding Nemo and Steel Magnolias
4. Music I can't live without: Country!
5. Best place you can take me on a date: Some sort of sporting event and then to get ice cream.
6. One misconception about cheerleaders: We are smart! The average GPA for my squad is a 3.04.
7. My favorite sport is: Football!
8. My favorite teams are: The Georgia Bulldogs and the Falcons
9. I like to spend my weekends: Resting. After a long week of schoolwork, cheerleading practices, workouts and Saturday games, I love to just lie around my apartment and be lazy.
10. Strange and unusual fact about me: I love mayonnaise! I will eat it on anything.
11. My friends would be surprised to know that I ... Love to sing at the top of my lungs in the shower. It may not sound very good, but it's so much fun!
12. If I had more time, I would ... Spend it with my family. Living 2˝ hours away from them, I don't get to see my parents and sisters very often.
13. Favorite foods: Bacon pizza, asparagus, French fries
14. Five people I'd like to have dinner with (living or dead): My grandfather who died when I was 8, Matthew McConaughey, Jessica Simpson, President Bush, and Kenny Chesney.
15. Favorite activity: Running
16. Next risk I want to take: Mountain climbing
17. Every woman should have ... A hair tie around her wrist
18. Places I want to visit: The Caribbean, because it is supposed to be beautiful and exotic, and California, because I have never been to the West Coast.
19. Typical day: Get up very early for practice, weights and conditioning at 7:00 a.m., spend a few hours at our Athletic Academic Center, go to class, run some errands, maybe lie in the tanning bed, do some homework, clean my apartment and hang out with friends.
20. Perfect date: Spending the day on the lake tubing and waterskiing, having a good relaxed time and getting to know each other.