Cheerleader of the Week
20 Questions with Auburn's Krista Klumpp
Posted: Thursday November 9, 2006 10:30AM; Updated: Thursday November 9, 2006 12:32PM
Name: Krista Klumpp
1. In 10 years, I'll likely be: In the field of Sports Broadcasting and starting a family.
2. Why I love Auburn: Auburn, to me, is a family tradition. My grandfather attended Auburn University, as well as both my parents and my older sister. My mother was a former Cheerleader at Auburn during the late 70's. At Auburn, we are all a part of the "Auburn Family". We also known for having the best traditions in the country, including Tiger Walk, Rolling Toomer's Corner and War Eagle.
3. Movies I can't live without: Sister Act II and Sweet Home Alabama
4. Music I can't live without: I listen to all types of music. My favorite singers are Mariah Carey and Kelly Clarkson.
5. TV shows I can't live without: The Price is Right and Desperate Housewives
6. One misconception about cheerleaders: "We are not just Cheerleaders". As Auburn Cheerleaders not only do we cheer at Auburn Football games we also cheer at Men's and Women's Basketball games, Volleyball games and Gymnastics meets. In addition to cheering for Auburn athletic events, we are heavily involved in and around our community. On average, we make 4-5 appearances per week at local elementary schools, retirement homes and alumni club events.
7. My favorite sport is: Football and Baseball
8. My favorite teams are: Auburn (of course), the Atlanta Falcons and the New York Yankees.
9. I like to spend my weekends: After cheering for Auburn and Rolling Toomer's Corner, I like to tailgate with my family and friends. After church on Sundays, I finish homework and rest up for the week ahead.
10. Strange and unusual fact about me: My great grandfather invented Velveeta Cheese.
11. My friends would be surprised to know that: My ultimate dream job would be to become a Game Show Host.
12. If I Had More Time I Would: Sleep ... and I've always wanted to learn to play the piano.
13. Favorite Foods: Pretzels and Sour Cream
14. Five People I'd Like To Have Dinner With (Living or Dead): Bob Barker, President George W. Bush, Bo Jackson, Oprah Winfrey, and Michael Vick.
15. Favorite Activity: Water Sports
16. Next Risk I Want To Take: To become Miss USA
17. Every Woman Should Have: A Credit Card and Mascara
18. Places I Want To Visit And Why: I've always wanted to visit Hawaii to learn how to surf and hula dance.
19. Typical Day: We have work outs in the morning, then I have class until 2:00 p.m., followed by Cheerleading practice, homework, dinner and watching the t.v. shows that I'm addicted to.
20. Perfect Date: My perfect date would be to attend a sporting event followed by a big dessert.
Have someone you'd like to nominate for Cheerleader of the Week? Let us know at email@example.com.