Cheerleader of the Week
20 Questions with Notre Dame's Maggie McGinn
Posted: Thursday November 30, 2006 11:32AM; Updated: Thursday November 30, 2006 11:56AM
Name: Maggie McGinn
1. In 10 years, I'll likely be: Working as a successful doctor and raising a family
2. Why I love Notre Dame: I love everything about Notre Dame. Seeing the golden dome is a daily reminder of the tradition and glory that ND represents. The greatest part of Notre Dame is the people. The students, faculty, alumni, and fans form a family held together by love and respect for this amazing University.
3. Movies I can't live without: Spanglish, Ten Things I Hate About You, Never Been Kissed
4. Music I can't live without: Everything but rap and heavy metal
5. Best place you can take me on a date: Somewhere fun like an arcade
6. One misconception about cheerleaders: That we aren't intelligent!
7. My favorite sport is: Baseball
8. My favorite teams are: The Fighting Irish of course
9. I like to spend my weekends: Cheering on the Irish and spending time with my family and friends.
10. Strange and unusual fact about me: I love new adventures! This past summer, I worked in Texas at a camp for diabetic children!
11. My friends would be surprised to know that I: am afraid of heights!
12. If I had more time I would: Learn a new language
13. Favorite Foods: Grilled cheese and tomato soup
14. Five people I'd like to have dinner with: Oprah, Father Hesburgh, Charlie Weis, Kevin Spacey, and Kerri Strug
15. Favorite activity: Cheering and watching House
16. Next risk I want to take: Medical school
17. Every woman should have: True friends and faith in herself
18. Places I want to visit and why: Spain to practice my Spanish and Scotland to visit a foreign exchange student that lived with my family for a year.
19. Typical day: Class, lifting/cheer practice, homework, and spending time with friends
20. Perfect date: Anywhere creative and spur of the moment where we can talk and have a good time