Cheerleader of the Week
20 Questions with Duke's Carolyn Hardin
Posted: Thursday December 14, 2006 11:47AM; Updated: Thursday December 14, 2006 12:33PM
Name: Carolyn Hardin
1. In 10 years, I'll likely be: A doctor
2. Why I love Duke: My family has been attending Duke since the 1920s, so I am the fourth generation to be here. Since I have lived in Durham my whole life, and have grown up with many avid Duke fans in my family, it has always been my dream school.
3. Movies I can't live without: Grease, Legally Blonde
4. Music I can't live without: Country (especially Shania Twain), Pop (especially The Pussycat Dolls), and I like just about any Rap song with a good hook
5. Best place you can take me on a date: Maggiano's is incredible- I can't live without pasta.
6. One misconception about cheerleaders: A lot of people think that we are dumb -- and most of the girls I cheered with in middle and high school were -- but at Duke it is totally different. I can practically guarantee that our cheerleading squad has the highest GPA of any Duke varsity sport.
7. My favorite sport is: Football - I just think that guys in huge bulky pads are adorable.
8. My favorite teams are: I know this must be cliché, but the only team I care at all about is Duke.
9. I like to spend my weekends: Going out with my amazing friends. We have such a blast together and can usually be found at Shooter's or George's.
10. Strange and unusual fact about me: I am a wedding singer - not the cheesy kind like in the movie though. I sing during the actual wedding service, songs like Ave Maria or The Lord's Prayer.
11. My friends would be surprised to know that I: Really love musical theatre. During this summer when my friends were back at home, I played Cinderella in the North Carolina Kid's Theatre production of Into the Woods. Next year, I hope to perform with the North Carolina Theatre company.
12. If I Had More Time I Would: Spend more time at home with my family- they are the best!
13. Favorite Foods: Pasta, the fruit and yogurt parfaits at Alpine Bagels, anything my Grandma Nana cooks
14. Five People I'd Like To Have Dinner With (Living or Dead): Grace Kelly, Prince William, Carrie Underwood, Oprah, and definitely Channing Tatum
15. Favorite Activity: Laughing
16. Next Risk I Want To Take: Riding the mechanical bull at Shooter's
17. Every Woman Should Have: A really attractive personal masseuse
18. Places I Want To Visit And Why: A tropical rainforest - to see first-hand the amazing biodiversity. Second is the Great Barrier Reef - I would really love to go scuba diving there someday
19. Typical Day: Breakfast at Alpine Bagels (always oatmeal and a fruit and yogurt parfait), classes in the morning, lunch somewhere on West Campus, a shift at the Iron Dukes office, either cheerleading practice or a run/lift session in the early evening, dinner with my best friends at The Loop or Great Hall, homework, sleep!
20. Perfect Date: For me, a nice dinner with a flowing conversation is ideal. I never have time to watch TV during the week, so I always appreciate seeing a good movie. Then, if I am so inclined, I love to cuddle!