Posted: Monday April 3, 2006 10:16AM; Updated: Monday April 3, 2006 1:11PM
6. Monday is Opening Day for most major league teams. Players will be so full of adrenaline today that they won't even miss the now-banned greenies.
Have a question or opinion for Pete? He might answer/address it in his mailbag.
7. Dodgeball can be a dangerous game, and not just when you're being trained by Patches O'Houlihan. Last week a youth minister at a Christian school in Missouri was charged with assault stemming from a February dodgeball incident. The youth minister, 27, allegedly knocked down a 16-year-old boy and then kicked him in the groin after the teen had landed a head shot that knocked off the youth minister's glasses. According to court records, the teen suffered whiplash and post-concussion syndrome and had blood in his urine after being kicked. Wow. How long before Globo Gym signs that tough guy up?
8. Organizers of the 2008 Olympics Games in Beijing are being plagued by a moth infestation. Hey, you know what's good for getting rid of moths? Lighting a giant Olympic flame.
9. The NBA plans to ban the wearing of tights under uniforms because league officials reportedly don't like the way they look. Next they're hoping to outlaw those girly earrings most players wear.
10. A number of college basketball coaches are proposing to increase the size of the NCAA tournament field. On the other hand, Kansas officials have moved to eliminate teams seeded lower than 12.