Posted: Thursday November 30, 2006 10:14AM; Updated: Thursday November 30, 2006 12:38PM
You won't have to fight off Tony Romo if you try to date Jessica Simpson.
Have a question or opinion for Pete? He might answer/address it in his mailbag.
1. Dallas quarterback Tony Romo says that he has never gone on a date with Jessica Simpson. He deals with enough boobs in the locker room.
2. Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens also spoke out against the team's release of kicker Mike Vanderjagt. Sure, T.O. doesn't want to be the Cowboys' only idiot.
3. The Falcons have received approval to spend $23.3 million to renovate the state-owned Georgia Dome. Of course, it's not like the players are going to be doing the construction themselves. You're certainly never going to see Mike Vick lift a finger.
4. With three World Cup events cancelled already this season due to warm weather, skiers are increasingly worried about global warming. It's enough to drive Bode Miller to drink.
5. University of Florida forward Joakim Noah has been diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection. That's actually good news for the Gators because it means Noah didn't catch mono from teammate/roommate Corey Brewer. Not that there would be anything wrong with that.
6. Vikings wide receiver Troy Williamson says he was struck in the face at a charity event late Sunday night. Well, at least it was for a good cause.
7. The University of Miami has accepted a bid to play in Boise's MPC Computers Bowl. The Hurricanes are excited; they've never gotten into a brawl on blue turf before.
8. Nextel Cup champ Jimmie Johnson has signed with Elizabeth Arden to be the national spokesman for the Daytona 500 Fragrance for Men. And this is practical for racing fans -- the cologne doubles as insect repellant.
9. The 10 NASCAR racers who competed in the Chase for the Cup took a 1.5-mile "victory lap" on Wednesday morning in cab-crowded midtown Manhattan. Shocked New Yorkers had never seen native English speakers drive so fast.
10. New Mexico State preview: And then there was one. The NMSU Aggies (3-8, 1-6 WAC) will host Louisiana Tech (3-9, 1-6 WAC) this Saturday in the season finale for both teams. NMSU is looking to build on last week's 42-20 win over Utah State, the Aggies' first victory over a Division I-A opponent after 21 straight losses. As always, NMSU will be led by the passing attack of sophomore quarterback Chase Holbrook and sophomore receiver Chris Williams. Holbrook ranks second in the nation with 4,105 passing yards while Williams (80 catches for 1,275 yards and 12 TDs) is first in receiving yards per game (115.9). Of course, none of that production would be possible without the blocking of an offensive line led by junior right tackle James Farrelly (i.e. my cousin). Tune in Monday for the final recap of the season.
Reminder: Please send your entries for Friday's all-reader-submission edition by Thursday afternoon. Plenty of good spots are still available.