Posted: Friday December 1, 2006 10:26AM; Updated: Friday December 1, 2006 10:26AM
Britney Spears, Michael Vick, Al Gore, Michael Strahan feel the wrath of the fans.
Have a question or opinion for Pete? He might answer/address it in his mailbag.
It's the first Friday of a new month, which means it's time for the latest installment of the all-reader-submission edition. Thanks as always for all your entries. Enjoy.
1. Former Royals pitcher Bret Saberhagen announced he would turn down Hall of Fame induction until Pete Rose was inducted. Motivated by the sentiment, Britney Spears has said she would refuse Mother of the Year honors until Joan Crawford was recognized as well. -- John, Round Rock, Texas
2. Now that former Vice President Al Gore's namesake, Frank, is the leading rusher in the NFC the truth can now be told -- Al Gore invented the West Coast Offense. -- Don, Buffalo, N.Y.
3. Michael Strahan insisted that ESPN's Kelly Naqi be allowed to the front of the media horde to grill him on Wednesday. At least Giants defensive ends aren't afraid to tackle tough questions. -- Tom, Clinton Township, Mich.
4. In an attempt to widen their fan base, the Devil Rays are looking into the possibility of playing several regular season games in Orlando. Apparently they are unaware that you don't get to go to Disney World until AFTER you win the Championship. -- Jeff, Cincinnati
5. Michael Vick felt so bad about making an obscene gesture toward the stands after his latest game that he sought consolation from his brother and asked for advice for dealing with an unruly crowd. Marcus Vick advised him that waving a gun is a much more effective way of dealing with hecklers. -- Rob, Wake Forest, N.C.
6. Sixers guard Allen Iverson was a no-show for a bowling event that the team held for corporate sponsors and premium season-ticket holders Wednesday night. Predictably, 76ers brass is outraged. Iverson's response -- "Bowling? We're talkin' 'bout bowling?" -- Bill, Philadelphia
7. Some guys think women don't relate to football because it's too violent. They clearly have never been at an outlet mall the day after Thanksgiving. -- Janice, Palo Alto, Calif.
8. This Saturday marks the final game of the year for the NMSU Aggies. Aside from the inevitable game update on Monday this should conclude these thrilling entries. Loyal 10 Spot readers have their collective fingers (and toes) crossed that no other McEntegart relatives will soon be involved in wrestling matches, spelling bees or bake-offs. -- Marc, Calgary
9. Giants rookie receiver Sinorice Moss, listed as questionable, made it through practice last week but admitted he never truly tested his leg by running full-tilt. Apparently Moss is taking a page out of the Plaxico Burress school of wide receivers. -- Joe, Tampa
10. Isn't that punch the only thing that Troy Williamson has caught all year? -- Dave, Woodbury, Minn.