Cheerleader of the Week
20 Questions with Oklahoma's Stevie Freeman
Posted: Thursday January 18, 2007 11:45AM; Updated: Monday January 22, 2007 12:03PM
Name: Stevie Freeman
1. In 10 years, I'll likely be: Well, I just applied to medical school so I'll probably be three years out and starting my own practice in family medicine. Hopefully, I will have also started a family that will just keep growing.
2. Why I love OU: Our tradition is unlike any other, our campus is beautiful, and every student here will smile at you.
3. Movies I can't live without: Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman, and The Notebook.
4. Music I can't live without: I really like all kinds of music but I love Jason Mraz and Jack Johnson, any 80s music, and don't tell but ... I really like Phil Collins.
5. TV shows I can't live without: Friends, of course, and then Grey's Anatomy, What about Brian, The Office, Oprah, Ellen, and I could go on and on, I think I'm a TV junkie!
6. One misconception about cheerleaders: People think we stand on that field and jump around and clap our hands but the truth is that we practice hours upon hours to be real athletes. What we do on game days is actually carefully planned out and structured and it requires so much athletic ability.
7. My favorite sport is: This is hard ... I like most sports because I grew up with my dad taking me to all kinds. I like the intensity of basketball and I'm starting to really like wrestling. Obviously, I really enjoy cheerleading too.
8. My favorite teams are: Again, hard question, it would have to be the Sooners.
9. I like to spend my weekends: Relaxing, relaxing, and more relaxing. Honestly, this doesn't happen much at all with games and school but if I could have my perfect weekend I would relax with family and friends and catch up on everything.
10. Strange and unusual fact about me: I could eat Mexican food for every meal of the day and I try but usually after one go, my friends won't go eat it again with me!
11. My friends would be surprised to know that I: I'm actually an introvert. I get along with anyone and I seem really outgoing but I really just like being alone in my room listening to music or watching a movie.
12. If I Had More Time I Would: Spend it with my family.
13. Favorite Foods: Hmmm ... I'm going to have to get picky here because I like a lot ... chips and queso from On the Border is my favorite! I also love pizza!
14. Five People I'd Like To Have Dinner With (Living or Dead): My Lord, Jesus; my grandfather, Oprah, whichever ancestor brought my family to America, and Patrick Dempsey.
15. Favorite Activity: Watching TV with my seven roommates ... it's an event ... trust me!
16. Next Risk I Want To Take: Probably giving myself to medical school for the next seven years. It's scary to think I won't have a job until I finish.
17. Every Woman Should Have: A best girl friend, they are invaluable and if you take care of them, you'll always have someone who understands you.
18. Places I Want To Visit And Why: Definitely Europe, there is so much culture and history there.
19. Typical Day: Hit the snooze button about three times, finally get up, and then who knows ... I don't have a typical day ... that's why I love my life.
20. Perfect Date: A great guy, a great dinner, and an activity where you get to know one another, I think I've already had this date ... we ended up hanging out so late that we got hungry again and ate cereal at one in the morning!