Cheerleader of the Week
20 Questions with Indiana's Megan Martz
Posted: Wednesday January 24, 2007 5:58PM; Updated: Thursday January 25, 2007 11:56AM
Name: Megan Martz
1. In 10 years, I'll likely be: Married with kids and out of dental school practicing somewhere in Indiana.
2. Why I love Indiana University: My past four years at IU have been unbelievable. I ultimately chose IU for their academics, Big Ten status, the cheerleading program, and the location. I have gained so much and have had the opportunity to get to know many prominent people in the IU community. The athletic department, fans, professors, and students have all brought such a unique and amazing experience to my college career.
3. Movies I can't live without: Hitch, Wedding Crashers, The Holiday and Elf.
4. Music I can't live without: I enjoy listening to almost all types of music. Recently, I have been really into country.
5. TV shows I can't live without: Grey's Anatomy and 24
6. One misconception about cheerleaders: We are not all short. I am 5-foot-6!
7. My favorite sport is: Basketball
8. My favorite teams are: The Hoosiers, of course. And, the Indianapolis COLTS!
9. I like to spend my weekends: Back home in Fishers spending time with my boyfriend and family and attending the Colt's games.
10. Strange and unusual fact about me: Ever since I was a little girl, I have always done this thing with my fingers when I get really excited!
11. My friends would be surprised to know that I: Sleep! I always appear to be on the go and doing something, but I really do enjoy having a little down time and taking it easy.
12. If I Had More Time I Would: Hang out with my friends more, enjoy my last semester at Alpha Chi Omega without worrying about studying all of the time, and work on my scrapbooks more often!
13. Favorite Foods: Pizza and cookies.
14. Five People I'd Like To Have Dinner With (Living or Dead): Peyton Manning, Patrick Dempsey, Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira from The Today Show (they're a package deal), David Letterman (Indiana native), and John Mellencamp (great music, IU fan, and also from Indiana)!
15. Favorite Activity: Reading, laying out, vacationing, and scrap booking.
16. Next Risk I Want To Take: Learn to cook!
17. Every Woman Should Have: A dog! The second I finish my last final in May, I am going to buy a little dog.
18. Places I Want To Visit And Why: I've always wanted to go to Hawaii because it seems beautiful and relaxing. I also would like to tour different cities in Europe and possibly go backpacking!
19. Typical Day: Class and labs all day, practice, dinner, study for hours, and then off to bed.
20. Perfect Date: Dinner and a fun activity like bowling or a ball game to get to know the person better.