Cheerleader of the Week
20 Questions with Purdue's Brett Parker
Posted: Thursday March 8, 2007 12:34PM; Updated: Thursday March 8, 2007 12:34PM
Name: Brett Parker
1. In 10 years, I'll likely be: Married (hopefully!) with a beautiful family and a successful career in business.
2. Why I love Purdue University: I love all the tradition and spirit that comes along with the campus. The game day atmosphere here is amazing and the fans are awesome. In the past two years that I have been here my favorite thing has been the amazing relationships I have established with my team, sorority sisters, others in the Greek community, and people in my major.
3. Movies I can't live without: Mean Girls, Pirates of the Caribbean, Sixteen Candles
4. Music I can't live without: John Mayer, Dave Matthews, and music I can dance to
5. TV shows I can't live without: I like watching Saved by the Bell in the morning (it's the only show I have time to watch).
6. One misconception about cheerleaders: What we do isn't easy- we work really hard!
7. My favorite sport is: football and basketball
8. My favorite teams are: Purdue Boilermakers and the Indianapolis Colts
9. I like to spend my weekends: Cheering at games, hanging out with my team, and hanging out and going to functions with my Kappa Kappa Gamma sisters
10. Strange and unusual fact about me: Ever since I was a baby I freak out when people touch my neck. It's just really ticklish!
11. My friends would be surprised to know that I: Am a Starbucks barista
12. If I Had More Time I Would: Read! I love to read but never seem to have time. That's why I love summer because I finally have time to read the books that I want to.
13. Favorite Foods: Grilled cheese and tomato soup
14. Five People I'd Like To Have Dinner With (Living or Dead): Audrey Hepburn, Kate Hudson, Paris Hilton, George W. Bush, and Johnny Depp
15. Favorite Activity: Cheerleading, shopping (especially with my mom), dancing, reading, smiling, telling stories to my friends, laughing, being crafty, having a good time, hanging out with my little sister, and eating out
16. Next Risk I Want To Take: I'd love to try surfing!
17. Every Woman Should Have: A best girl friend. It's someone who you can always talk to, trust, and share great memories with.
18. Places I Want To Visit And Why: Greece because I have never been out of the country and it looks beautiful there!
19. Typical Day: Wake up early (which my roommate hates), then run around campus all day: go to class, work out, more classes, run errands, study, go to practice, study and hang out with my sorority sisters
20. Perfect Date: A nice dinner with a great guy who has an awesome sense of humor and is easy to talk to and then getting cozy at home with a movie and popcorn.