Cheerleader of the Week
20 Questions with Iowa's Meredith Hoffman
Posted: Thursday April 12, 2007 11:15AM; Updated: Thursday April 12, 2007 12:34PM
Name: Meredith Hoffman
1. In 10 years, I'll likely be: Successfully working in corporate finance, pursuing my MBA, happily married and raising a family.
2. Why I love The University of Iowa: The University of Iowa offers a tradition of both academic and athletic excellence. Cheering at Kinnick Stadium in front of 77,000 Hawkeye fans is unlike any other experience and something I will treasure for years to come!
3. Movies I can't live without: How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, Pretty Woman, Old School.
4. Music I can't live without: Country!
5. TV shows I can't live without: Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, American Idol, E! News, Law and Order.
6. One misconception about cheerleaders: We aren't considered athletes, yet we practice two hours a day and lift weights throughout the week. The on weekends, we cheer at games. Our season pretty much never ends!
7. My favorite sport is: Besides cheerleading, football and basketball.
8. My favorite teams are: The Iowa Hawkeyes, Chicago Cubs and Chicago Bears
9. I like to spend my weekends: Cheering at games, hanging out with friends, and shopping with my mom and sister in Chicago when I get a chance.
10. Strange and unusual fact about me: When I was younger, my friends said that I looked like Stephanie Tanner from Full House.
11. My friends would be surprised to know that: Growing up I hated shopping, doing my hair, wearing makeup, and getting dressed up. I have obviously grown out of that phase.
12. If I Had More Time I Would: Spend more time with my friends and family and read more books.
13. Favorite Foods: Buffalo chicken salad, fresh fruit, desserts.
14. Five People I'd Like To Have Dinner With (Living or Dead): Mother Theresa, Oprah Winfrey, Princess Diana, Reese Witherspoon, Matthew Mcconaughey.
15. Favorite Activity: Going out with friends, skiing, running races, and of course cheerleading.
16. Next Risk I Want To Take: Start my career as a financial analyst.
17. Every Woman Should Have: A best girlfriend.
18. Places I Want To Visit And Why: Hawaii, I love the ocean and hope to learn how to surf one day.
19. Typical Day: Class/work, workout, homework, cheerleading practice, more homework, go out with friends or just relax and go to bed.
20. Perfect Date: Surprise me, I am easily entertained.