Cheerleader of the Week
20 Questions with UMass' Krista Abasciano
Posted: Thursday May 10, 2007 11:52AM; Updated: Thursday May 10, 2007 12:00PM
Name: Krista Abasciano
1. In 10 Years, I'll likely be: Hopefully, married with children living outside of a city, maybe Boston or New York City. I want to be able to go into the city when I or my family would like to, but still able to be a Speech-Language Pathologist in a school system. In ten years I will have my master's in Speech Pathology and able to help the lives of children with Special Needs.
2. Why I love UMass: I love Umass because of my cheerleading team. The girls that I have cheered with over the past three and a half years have become my best friends. When I graduate in May 2007, the things I will miss most are the girls that have become like family. I will be able to take my degree with me wherever I go, but I will be unable to take my cheering team with me. Hopefully, we will keep in touch and they will always be a part of my life.
3. Movies I can't live without: I can't live without movies that are love stories. My favorite type of movie ends with the couple living happily ever after.
4. Music I can't live without: Any type that I can dance to. Dancing makes me happy and relieves the stress that comes with being in college. When you dance around, you can do whatever moves you feel like and just go crazy.
5. Best place you can take me on a date: Anywhere having to do with the water. I have never had a date on a boat, jet skiing, or snorkeling. I would love to have something done that was definitely out of the ordinary.
6. One misconception about cheerleaders: That all cheerleaders are dumb snobs. I know that I and most of the girls on my team do extremely well in school. All of the ladies have great personalities and don't fit with the stereotypes people have.
7. My favorite sport is: Cheerleading, even though many people don't consider it a sport. I wish that people knew the amount of time, practice, dedication, and skill that goes along with collegiate cheerleading.
8. My favorite teams are: The New England Patriots and the Boston Red Sox
9. I like to spend my weekends: Relaxing, even though most weekends are spent cheering at games or at practice.
10. Strange and unusual fact about me: I am petrified of spiders, if one comes near me or someone teases me with having one, I cry, can't help it.
11. My friends would be surprised to know that I: I want to travel throughout Europe and experience life in another country.
12. If I had more time I would: I would like to check out joining the Peace Corps for a few months.
13. Favorite foods: French fries and peanut butter cup ice cream
14. Five people I'd like to have dinner with (living or dead): Sigmund Freud, Judy Garland, Fred Astaire, Tom Welling, and Hillary Clinton.
15. Favorite activity: Cheerleading
16. Next risk I want to take: To move into the city and live on my own.
17. Every woman should have: A flat-iron and some good high heels.
18. Places I want to visit and why: The Galapagos Islands because I used to major in Biology and would love to see the conservation sites and the nesting areas of the sea turtles.
19. Typical day: Get up, get ready, go to classes, eat some dinner, and either cheer at a game or practice until it's time to hit the sheets.
20. Perfect date: Would be either to take me for a moonlit dinner on the beach or a restaurant that overlooks the ocean.