Cheerleader of the Week
20 Questions with Oregon's Dayle Wacaser
Posted: Thursday May 24, 2007 10:58AM; Updated: Thursday May 24, 2007 12:01PM
Name: Dayle Wacaser
1. In 10 years, I'll likely be: Married, starting a family and hopefully in a career that I love and that challenges me
2. Why I love Oregon: Oregon is exactly what I want out of a college. My mind is challenged each day and I am constantly introduced to new ideas and various points of view on just about everything. Oregon is nothing like Las Vegas, which I love and I feel I have been given a true college experience and I am a better person for it. There is no other school I'd rather go to, and being a cheerleader at Oregon has been unforgettable. Football and basketball games are amazing to be at because of the fans, and the entire town's support of our athletics, and with Nike's help, our athletic department is constantly changing its look and is a step ahead of everyone. I have also been able to meet people who are now my closest friends that I can't live without.
3. Movies I can't live without: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Pursuit of Happyness and I still love just about anything Disney
4. Music I can't live without: Tim McGraw and John Legend
5. TV shows I can't live without: Gilmore Girls, Grey's Anatomy and Dancing with the Stars
6. One misconception about cheerleaders: How much time we put into our season, it never really stops. We begin in August just after the football players do, and as football and volleyball come to an end, we start basketball and begin to put our competition routine together. When basketball ends, we have tryouts for the new team and have practice with them until June. It is a huge time commitment to add on to school, but the experiences over the years have made it well worth it.
7. My favorite sport is: Baseball (to go to as a fan with my dad) and Duck Basketball (to cheer for)
8. My favorite teams are: The Ducks for any college sport, St. Louis Cardinals and the Dallas Cowboys
9. I like to spend my weekends: Relaxing, catching up on schoolwork, hanging out with my friends and sleeping.
10. Strange and unusual fact about me: I can't spell to save my life, something just didn't click in elementary school, so I try to stick to numbers as much as I can.
11. My friends would be surprised to know that: I am really shy when I am out of my element, I hate having to be in new situations, but cheerleading and college is helping that.
12. If I Had More Time I Would: Go home to Las Vegas more often, I miss my family all the time, and I would call my friends from high school more often.
13. Favorite Foods: I LOVE anything chocolate, and Mucho Gusto
14. Five People I'd Like To Have Dinner With (Living or Dead): My big brother, Oprah, Martha Stewart (an amazing business woman despite the mishap), Bill Gates, and Barbra Walters because she has been able to interview and meet so of the most interesting people over the past couple of decades.
15. Three People who annoy me: People who are politically narrow-minded on either side, Tom Cruise and any person who can't accept diversity in someone else.
16. Next Risk I Want To Take: I would love to go skydiving; I just haven't had the guts to do it yet!
17. Every Woman Should Have: A great support system -- without my family and friends I wouldn't even be able to get out of bed in the morning. And a Pomeranian, all they want is to love and be loved.
18. Places I Want To Visit And Why: New York City, it never gets old! Italy, Australia, Russia and Japan to see the different sites and the different cultures.
19. Typical Day: Starbucks in the morning to study, class, workout, homework, practice, make dinner and either hang out and watch TV or more homework.
20. Perfect Guy: Loves you for you and all your imperfections, has goals and a life of his own, but is willing to share. He is driven, has good character, can make you laugh, is proud of you for your accomplishments, supports you when need and has a family that you can fit into and love just as much as your own. And in second grade, I decided that he must also be tall and have curly hair!