Cheerleader of the Week
20 Questions with Oregon's Kelsi Metzler
Posted: Thursday October 4, 2007 11:53AM; Updated: Thursday October 4, 2007 11:53AM
Name: Kelsi Metzler
1. I love the University of Oregon, but I almost went to: Oregon State University.
2. My favorite class is: Spin class. I know that doesn't really count but it is so much fun and such a great stress reliever!
3. Movies I can't live without: Elf, Pride and Prejudice, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
4. Music I can't live without: Incubus, The Used, Norah Jones, Mat Kearney.
5. TV shows I can't live without: Grey's Anatomy, The Hills, The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team and Oprah's Favorite Things episodes.
6. One misconception about cheerleaders: That we are not athletes!
7. My favorite sport is: Football! It is so fun to watch and the atmosphere is incredible ... epecially at Autzen!
8. My favorite professional sports teams are: The Dallas Cowboys, Miami Heat.
9. My one Guilty Pleasure is: Reality television. It may be voyeuristic but it is a great way to escape from my crazy schedule.
10. My best physical feature: My eyes and my cheekbones. They were my grandma's.
11. Strange and unusual fact about me: I have torn both of my ACL's.
12. My friends would be surprised to know that I: Still watch cartoons and have all my childhood favorites on DVD.
13. Favorite Foods: Pizza, Chili's Chips and Salsa, Mucho Gusto, Fettucini Alfredo and TCBY Shivers
14. Five People I'd Like To Have Dinner With (Living or Dead): My Grandma Jo, Phil Knight, Jesus, Sheila Goodrich (my 4th and 5th grade teacher), and Dwyane Wade!
15. Three People who annoy me: Kirsten Dunst, the Cal Mascot and my downstairs neighbors!
16. Next Risk I Want To Take: I would really like to tryout for the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders but it would be a big step to move away from my family and friends.
17. Typical Day: Wake up and enjoy my Fiber One Honey Clusters, go to class or work, go to the gym, head off to practice, work on homework, relax and head off to bed so I can start all over again!
18. I think facial hair on guys is: Attractive when maintained. However, I am not a fan of the mustache.
19. If I won the lottery, the first thing I'd buy is: A little Yorkie puppy. Everyone needs a furry little pint-size companion.
20. Describe the worst date you ever went on: It's not so much the worst date I ever went on but rather the worst date I never went on. I had plans to go to a movie with a guy I had been seeing for a few weeks. We didn't have many chances to hang out because our practice schedules didn't match up well so one night after practice we planned to go to a movie. I came home that night and got ready to go and waited for him to come pick me up. I waited and waited and realized about two hours later that he wasn't coming. He was MIA until a week later when he called to apologize and proceeded to tell me how he fell asleep early that night after practice. We have been just friends ever since.