Posted: Friday March 2, 2007 11:14AM; Updated: Friday March 2, 2007 11:14AM
With the first Friday of the month upon us, it's time once again for the all-reader-submission edition. Thanks as always for all the entries.
1. Ricky Williams has been spending his spare time at a yoga farm in Grass Valley, Calif. He was very excited about the move until the locals told him that that was only the NAME of the town.
2. After the Red Sox agreed to allow outfielder Manny Ramirez to delay his arrival at spring training until March 1, it was revealed that Ramirez was scheduled to attend a classic car show in Atlantic City this past weekend. Team officials were not miffed, however, as they realized that it was just Manny being Manny, Moe and Jack.
3. What a great Oscar night for former losers. First American Idol castoff Jennifer Hudson, then Al Gore, then Martin Scorsese. At this rate the surest way to win a 2007 Oscar is to make a documentary featuring the Cubs.
4. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones acknowledges that he is concerned about receiver Terrell Owens' upcoming finger surgery. T.O.'s doctor has stated the surgery should have no impact on Owens' ability to catch the ball ... hence Jones' concern.
5. After Ohio State earned the No. 1 position in the AP and coaches poll this week, the players could do nothing but praise their 39-year-old leader. They also said coach Thad Matta should get some credit.
6. The Bears' Devin Hester returned the Super Bowl's opening kickoff for a touchdown for the first time in history. No penalties were called on the Bears although, strangely, the Seahawks were flagged for old time's sake.
7. Donald Trump will be sponsoring Bobby Lashley, who will wrestle against Umaga, sponsored by Vince McMahon, in the Battle of the Billionaires at Wrestlemania 23. The winning sponsor gets to shave the head of the loser, who will then be forced to wear a baseball hat and write the 10 spot for SI.com.
8. Since NASCAR has announced that it would like to have its Car of Tomorrow in full-time use by as early as 2008, Michael Waltrip has volunteered to help the implementation by continuing to test the Fuel of Tomorrow today.
9. Boxer Evander Holyfield has come under suspicion in the latest steroids scandal. Things are so dire he has decided to expose all 65 of his illegitimate children as proof he has never taken steroids.
10. Recently, Giants teammates Barry Zito and Barry Bonds wore matching T-shirts with "Don't Ask Me, Ask Barry" on the back, with opposing arrows pointing at the other. Interestingly, the fronts of those shirts both said "I'm With Stupid" with arrows pointing at GM Brian Sabean.