Cheerleader of the Week
20 Questions with Washington State's Maggie Cahalan
Posted: Thursday May 15, 2008 12:08PM; Updated: Thursday May 15, 2008 12:08PM
Name: Maggie Cahalan
Click here to see a photo gallery of Maggie in action.
1. I love WSU, but I almost went to: University of Washington. Well, not really, I applied there but only to prove that WSU was my first choice!
2. My favorite class is: probably my Structures courses ... really anything involving math
3. Movies I can't live without: The Little Mermaid, Across the Universe, Fight Club, Superbad and Love Actually
4. Music I can't live without: Keith Urban, Dashboard Confessional, the Across the Universe Soundtrack, and ... haha ... I can't lie, I love Britney Spears.
5. TV shows I can't live without: The Office, So You Think You Can Dance, Grey's Anatomy, Project Runway and South Park
6. What's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you during a game? Luckily I never had anything really embarrassing happen, but this last football season our kicker was warming up before the game and we stand behind the field goal. One of the footballs hit my hand and my pom went flying across the field. Everyone saw and I just pretended it didn't hurt as I went to pick up my pom even though it hurt like crazy!
7. My favorite sport is: Soccer and Basketball ... not to play but to watch.
8. My favorite professional sports teams are: Seahawks and Mariners. Nothing original given that I am from Washington but I have always been more into college sports.
9. My one Guilty Pleasure is: Only one? Gosh I'm going to have to go with peanut butter n' chocolate ice cream from Baskin Robbins.
10. My best physical feature: My hair
11. Strange and unusual fact about me: I have a special ritual involving jewelry that I go through before flying...people who have traveled with me know what it is.
12. My friends would be surprised to know that I: have to have my DVD's in alphabetical order...I won't say anything but it irritates me if they aren't.
13. Favorite Foods: Red curry with tofu, peanut butter, honey bunches of oats, and KFC's biscuits
14. Five People I'd Like To Have Dinner With (Living or Dead): William McDonough, Jack Black, Louis XIV, Britney Spears, and Oprah
15. Three People who annoy me: Rachel Ray, Vanessa Hudgens, and Spencer Pratt
16. Next Risk I Want To Take: As long as I have been dancing I have never gone skiing because I didn't want to get hurt ... so I know that to some it doesn't sound all that "risky" but next winter I think I would like to try!
17. If your life had a theme song, what would it be? Maggie May by Rod Stewart ... it's the song I was named after!
18. What reality show would you do best on and why? My Mom says America's Best Dance Crew because I have always loved dancing with and competing as a team.
19. If I won the lottery, the first thing I'd buy is: My house in Pullman so that my roommates and I have somewhere to stay whenever we come down for WSU football and basketball games!
20. Describe the worst date you ever went on: I've been with the same guy for five years. We still go on dates but sorry, no horrific stories : )