Guest MMQB (cont.)
1. I think the Falcons are going to be a tough team in the NFC. Watching Matt Ryan, with one more year under his belt, and rookie wide receiver Julio Jones opposite Roddy White, plus a healthy Micheal Turner, could be exciting.
2. I think the intensity in the Ravens-Steelers rivalry is the best in the league because of the similarities of the two cities. The tough, no excuses, blue-collar culture of each city is embodied by both teams and is never more apparent than when Baltimore and Pittsburgh compete on the field.
3. I think Baltimore should get to host a Super Bowl. If Detroit can handle the country's biggest game, then so can Charm City.
4. I think the NBA players are in for a tough fight in their labor situation and should remain strong. It is going to be a tumultuous several months. There will be a number of obstacles, pressures internal and external, expected and unforeseen. Good luck.
5. I think these are my non-sports thoughts:
a. Today's technology is amazing. At least once a month I look at my smartphone or iPad and say, "Holy $*&@, this is incredible."
b. Hey, fellas, you should be clothed in your Twitter profile pic. Nothing is more unsettling than reading "The US economy is in shambles. We can't afford to raise the debt ceiling" while looking at greased-up abs.
c. I think the education crisis is today's civil rights movement. Our inability to provide high level education and opportunities to children in every community is just as oppressive to some children as an America that permits racial discrimination.
d. I think cell phones have ruined pushing people into pools.
e. Whenever someone says, "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart," all I hear is, "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart."
6. I think I'd like to thank Peter King for the opportunity.
Follow Domonique Foxworth on Twitter: @Foxworth24
Ryan Getzlaf leads Ducks past Stars 3-2 in Game 2
Pavel Datsyuk's late goal leads Red Wings to Game 1 win over Bruins