AP Pro32 ballot from Berman
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Chris Berman of ESPN:
CHRIS BERMAN (ESPN)
1. Houston Texans - Answered every test with authority.
2. Atlanta Falcons - Matty Ice reminds us why he has the nickame.
3. San Francisco 49ers - Win by shutout in case you really thought the D was in a slump.
4. Baltimore Ravens - Maybe second quarter of season will be a normal schedule.
5. Arizona Cardinals - Overtime and close wins have long stopped being an accident.
6. New England Patriots - 52 points a reminder they could not lose three straight.
7. Green Bay Packers - Packers fans running out of refs to cheer.
8. Chicago Bears - Up to opportunistic defensive form they had in Super Bowl year.
9. Philadelphia Eagles - Two-point win a blowout by Eagles' standards.
10. New York Giants - Almost good enough to win in Philly. To quote Maxwell Smart: "Missed it by that much."
11. San Diego Chargers - So far so good. Usual strong first-quarter of season showing by Bolts.
12. Denver Broncos - 37 points a reminder they could not lose three straight.
13. Pittsburgh Steelers - Early bye week helpful for walking wounded.
14. Cincinnati Bengals - Quietly winning below AFC North radar.
15. Minnesota Vikings - Quietly winning below NFC North radar.
16. Seattle Seahawks - Back to earth after surreal Monday night.
17. Washington Redskins - Will be exciting at end every week.
18. New Orleans Saints - Close loss at Pack means wins coming soon. Congrats to Drew Brees for tying Johnny Unitas' 47 straight
19. Dallas Cowboys - What was that?
20. Detroit Lions - Need to use brains on field as well as brawn.
21. New York Jets - Use both QBs for some full series of plays, please.
22. Buffalo Bills - Wagons torched.
23. St. Louis Rams - Tough, hard-nosed football for a Jeff Fisher team hardly a surprise.
24. Oakland Raiders - Back to AFC West drawing board.
25. Kansas City Chiefs - Back to AFC West drawing board.
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Will be a a factor as season moves on.
27. Carolina Panthers - Strong effort at Atlanta a sign of better things to come.
28. Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill ... Wow! Two overtime losses a good sign, though.
29. Tennessee Titans - Better schedule coming and Matt Hasselbeck knows what he's doing.
30. Indianapolis Colts - Everybody thinking about Chuck Pagano.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars - New uniforms to help?
32. Cleveland Browns - First win coming soon.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Sceviour's late goal leads Stars to win over Avalanche
Canadiens use third-period surge to beat Coyotes