AP Pro32 ballot from Brown
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clifton Brown of Sporting News:
CLIFTON BROWN (Sporting News)
1. Houston Texans - J. J. Watt has been the league's best defensive player, and Texans have been league's best team.
2. San Francisco 49ers - That was a dominant defensive performance against Jets, and now the 49ers have a three-game home stand.
3. New England Patriots - People can stop asking what's wrong with them. Running game gives them more offensive balance.
4. Chicago Bears - The Bears, not the Cowboys, were the more talented team on the field Monday night.
5. Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan has been the NFL's best quarterback through Week 4. He's the main reason they are unbeaten.
6. Green Bay Packers - A close victory over the Saints could be the spark that gets the Packers rolling.
7. Baltimore Ravens - This team is still at its best offensively when Ray Rice gets consistent touches.
8. Arizona Cardinals - Kevin Kolb's improved play is a good sign for the most surprising unbeaten team.
9. New York Giants - Hakeem Nicks' health is a concern. So are two losses already against NFC East rivals.
10. San Diego Chargers - Winning games they are supposed to, which is a good sign for their playoff hopes.
11. Philadelphia Eagles - There has been plenty of talk about Michael Vick, but not enough talk about improved defense.
12. Denver Broncos - Peyton Manning's arm looks plenty good enough to win games.
13. Minnesota Vikings - Probably the league's most pleasant surprise, with the much-improved Christian Ponder.
14. Cincinnati Bengals - Have quietly put together three-game winning streak with consistent play.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Return of Rashard Mendenhall following a bye week should be a lift.
16. New Orleans Saints - Drew Brees keeps setting records but he would rather have wins.
17. Dallas Cowboys - Dez Bryant's inconsistency and Tony Romo's turnovers are concerns.
18. Detroit Lions - Forget about last season. Lions just aren't the same team.
19. Seattle Seahawks - Offense led by Russell Wilson is not generating enough points.
20. Carolina Panthers - Porous defense is a bigger problem than Cam Newton's attitude.
21. Buffalo Bills - Mario Williams has been quiet, and Ryan Fitzpatrick has been too turnover prone.
22. Washington Redskins - Robert Griffin III makes this team dangerous against anyone.
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Close losses have been frustrating. Still learning how to win.
24. Miami Dolphins - The solid play of Ryan Tannehill continues to be encouraging.
25. St. Louis Rams - A healthy Steven Jackson makes a huge difference for this team.
26. Tennessee Titans - Matt Hasselbeck is very capable if Jake Locker misses time.
27. Kansas City Chiefs - They have given up at least 35 points in three of their four games.
28. New York Jets - All of their offensive weaknesses have been exposed. Tim Tebow time could be getting closer.
29. Cleveland Browns - This team could use a victory for morale, but still playing tough.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars - Offensive issues continue to haunt this team.
31. Indianapolis Colts - Illness of coach Chuck Pagano is unexpected challenge for this team.
32. Oakland Raiders - Darren McFadden has been held to fewer than 35 yards rushing in three of the Raiders' four games.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL