AP Pro32 ballot from Kaufman
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Ira Kaufman of Tampa Tribune:
IRA KAUFMAN (Tampa Tribune)
1. Houston Texans - The surest bet in the NFL? The Texans winning the AFC South crown.
2. Atlanta Falcons - You can sack Matt Ryan and you can hound the man, but you can't rattle him.
3. San Francisco 49ers - See what happens when you get these guys mad?
4. Arizona Cardinals - The last time these masters of OT were 4-0, Barbra Streisand was crooning about "The Way We Were."
5. Baltimore Ravens - This new-look attack is averaging 30 points per game heading into Arrowhead.
6. New England Patriots - A prolific afternoon at Buffalo has lifted the Brady Bunch into the No. l spot in total offense.
7. Green Bay Packers - That was quite a shootout Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees staged at Lambeau.
8. Chicago Bears - This ballhawking defense can keep Chicago in the NFC North chase all season.
9. Cincinnati Bengals - Mike Zimmer's pass rush gets after people. Just ask battered Blaine Gabbert.
10. Philadelphia Eagles - The only team in the league ranked in the top 10 on both sides of the ball.
11. New York Giants - Philly has their number and this defense hasn't been making the key stops.
12. Denver Broncos - Beating up on defenseless Oakland is one thing. Winning at Foxborough is quite another.
13. Minnesota Vikings - You can't dismiss these overachievers, not the way Christian Ponder is playing.
14. San Diego Chargers - Nice rebound from that debacle against the Falcons.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger's off to a terrific start, but this aging defense is hardly keeping pace.
16. Dallas Cowboys - Since beating the Giants in Week 1, the ground game has taken a siesta.
17. Washington Redskins - There are rookie quarterbacks, and then there's Robert Griffin III.
18. New York Jets - Can't argue with you Rex it was a butt-kicking.
19. St. Louis Rams - They made Russell Wilson look like a rookie before preparing to take down unbeaten Arizona Thursday night.
20. Seattle Seahawks - Strong on the ground and hapless through the air, Seattle has a lot to prove on the road.
21. Buffalo Bills - Ryan Fitzpatrick needs to make sure his mouth guard is firmly in place before taking the field at Candlestick Park.
22. Miami Dolphins - You can't play much better run defense through the first month.
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Three consecutive losses by a total of 15 points has a new coaching staff frustrated entering the bye week.
24. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton is averaging 9.47 yards per pass attempt, tops in the league.
25. New Orleans Saints - The NFL's lowest-rated passer in the fourth quarter? You guessed it, Drew Brees.
26. Detroit Lions - Still looking for their first pick of the season, they've got a week off to recapture their mojo.
27. Kansas City Chiefs - That minus-13 turnover ratio is comical, but Romeo Crennel isn't laughing.
28. Indianapolis Colts - It's difficult to think about football when your head coach is fighting for his life.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars - New offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski has had better months.
30. Oakland Raiders - Something's awry in the East Bay when Darren McFadden is averaging 3.5 yards per carry.
31. Tennessee Titans - On pace to allow 604 points, which would shatter the NFL's all-time record.
32. Cleveland Browns - The Brandon Weeden experiment is off to a rocky start.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Alex Ovechkin scores four goals as Caps beat Lightning in shootout
Winners and losers in Mark Trumbo deal