AP Pro32 ballot from Kaufman
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Ira Kaufman of Tampa Tribune:
IRA KAUFMAN (Tampa Tribune)
1. Houston Texans - Led by J.J. Watt, this swarming defense will gobble up Matt Stafford on Thanksgiving.
2. Atlanta Falcons - On an afternoon he'd like to forget, Matty Ice remained a cool engineer.
3. San Francisco 49ers - Don't forget about Aldon Smith when considering Defensive Player of the Year.
4. Baltimore Ravens - They're built in John Harbaugh's image - tough, focused and relentless.
5. Green Bay Packers - Plenty of issues abound, but Aaron Rodgers is having another MVP season.
6. Denver Broncos - It's all over in the AFC West as Peyton Manning forges a new beginning.
7. New England Patriots - They'll miss Rob Gronkowski, but Aaron Hernandez isn't a bad substitute.
8. Chicago Bears - The offense must have missed that charter flight to San Francisco.
9. New York Giants - Expect a renewed commitment from Coughlin's crew after the bye week.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers - They're suddenly in full scramble mode for an AFC wild-card slot.
11. Seattle Seahawks - Pete Carroll's group plays some serious defense up in the Pacific Northwest.
12. New Orleans Saints - From 0-4 to 5-5, even with a defense that can't stop anyone.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - A victory against Atlanta would mark their first five-game winning streak in a decade.
14. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck just saw how it's done by the master, Tom Brady.
15. Minnesota Vikings - Still much to prove on the road to the NFC's No. 6 playoff seed.
16. Cincinnati Bengals - With a prolonged October funk behind them, they're on the rise.
17. Dallas Cowboys - Can Dez Bryant play up to his capabilities down the stretch? The jury's out.
18. San Diego Chargers - Philip Rivers keeps forcing the issue and it's not a pretty sight.
19. Detroit Lions - That 0-4 mark in the division tells you all you need to know.
20. New York Jets - A little momentum and confidence as the Brady Bunch comes to town.
21. Washington Redskins - Robert Griffin III wasn't perfect against Philly, but he came awfully close.
22. Arizona Cardinals - That torrid September start turned out to be a desert mirage.
23. Tennessee Titans - Give Chris Johnson credit, he's back among the NFL's elite runners.
24. Buffalo Bills - One of these decades, the Bills will return to relevancy.
25. Miami Dolphins - They still haven't gotten over that loss to Indy. Snap out of it.
26. St. Louis Rams - Jeff Fisher thought he'd be a little further along at this juncture.
27. Philadelphia Eagles - Only the Chiefs have scored fewer points that's sad company.
28. Cleveland Browns - Once again, Browns fans turn their attention to the NFL draft.
29. Carolina Panthers - Things are so bad, DE Charles Johnson is issuing apologies on Twitter.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars - How they scored 37 points at Houston is one of the NFL's great mysteries.
31. Oakland Raiders - The resurgent Bengals might drop 50 on these frauds.
32. Kansas City Chiefs - Winless at home, winless in the AFC. You get the picture.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
SI Now Live Wednesday December 4, 2013
SI Now: Jeremy Luke on his roles in Mob City, Jersey Boys