Sportsman of the Year
Life of Reilly
SI for Kids
SI Customer Service
SI Media Kits
Get into College
2. June 10, 1977: Lucy Harris of Delta State was drafted in the seventh round, becoming the first woman ever selected by an NBA team. Who drafted her?
New Orleans Jazz
Portland Trail Blazers
3. Feb. 11, 1982: The NBA record for offensive rebounds in a game was set when this center pulled down 21 in a 117-100 victory over Seattle. Who was it?
4. April 18, 1982: A record for futility was set when this team lost to Detroit 116-113 in overtime, its 19th consecutive loss to close out a season. Which team was it?
Kansas City Kings
5. Feb. 11, 1987: An NBA record for the most 3-pointers without a miss was set. Who went 6-for-6 and scored 42 points in his team's 121-105 victory over the Suns? (This record was later broken by Utah's Jeff Hornacek, who went 8-for-8 against Seattle on Nov. 23, 1994, and tied by Sam Perkins against Toronto on Jan. 15, 1997.)
6. May 3, 1987: In Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals, NBA playoff records were set for most points in a fourth quarter (29) and most points in a second half (39). Who set them?
7. Dec. 27, 1991: The record for most field goals attempted and none made was broken in Minnesota. Who went 0-for-17 from the field that night?
8. May 14, 1992: Will Purdue fouled out in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against New York, tying a playoff record for the quickest disqualification. How long did he play?
9. Nov. 21, 1996: This head coach, who also was named one of the top 10 coaches in NBA history this same year, became the first to record 1,000 career losses.
10. Dec. 5, 1996: The youngest player ever to participate in an NBA game took the floor at age 18 years, 1 month, 22 days. Who was it?