Jason Williams on Moss, Cali girls and Jayson Williams
Posted: Thursday December 02, 1999 10:06 PM
Jason Williams, the sensational second-year point guard for the Sacramento Kings, is one of the NBA's hottest young stars. His No. 55 jersey is currently the hottest-selling jersey in the league, and his Kings have the best record.
We caught up with Williams before Thursday night's Hawks-Kings game for this edition of 10 Questions:
1. Those two kids in that commercial: Is that really you and Randy Moss?
No, they got two little kids. I knew the commercial was coming. I didn't know it was going to be anything like that.
2. OK. What about Moss? Does he have game? Could he play in the NBA?
I think he could. It's gonna take some work. He's got the skills. I think that's obvious. He'd struggle at first, but if he put his mind to it, he could do it.
3. If you could be in any band in the world, which band would you want to be in?
I don't really know. I like music a little bit, but not like people probably think I do. Never do I, like, pop in a CD at home. Ever. Only time I listen to it is in the car, turning on the radio. Whatever station is on. I'm pretty wide-open. If there's an old song that I like, I can listen to it. It don't matter to me.
4. Who has the worst uniforms in the NBA?
Well, there's a bunch of new ones out there this year. I haven't really looked at uniforms like that. Houston's -- theirs aren't very good. Don't like those pinstripes.
5. Anybody ever mistake you for Jayson Williams of the Nets?
Jason Williams says former high school classmate Randy Moss could probably succeed in the NBA. Jed Jacobsohn/Allsport
Ahh, no. Not yet. I hope that don't happen. He's a little bigger than me.
6. It's a Saturday night in Sacramento. What are you doing?
I'm hanging at home, probably, with my dog and my girlfriend. I don't really go out too much. I try to stay out of trouble.
7. What's the strangest thing you've ever seen one of your teammates eat? Like Vlade Divac. Does he eat anything weird?
Vlade's pretty plain. He's funny. I saw him eat a hot dog. He eats it plain. That's weird to me. I could never eat just a dry hot dog.
8. Florida and Alabama in the Southeastern Conference championship game this weekend. Who do you like?
There's no question. Florida wins. No overtime, either. It's gonna be a blowout.
9. The NFL recently banned the "throat-slashing" gesture. Good or bad?
What'd they ban it for? I don't think they should have banned it. It's just part of the game. Let 'em do it. As long as they don't hurt nobody, no problem.
10. Do you wish they all could be California girls?
No, not really. No. That's overrated I think. Florida. That's where I met mine.
Visit Multimedia Central for the latest audio and video
|Search our site
||Watch CNN/SI 24 hours a day
||Sports Illustrated and CNN have combined to form a 24 hour sports news and information channel. To receive CNN/SI at your home call your cable operator or DirecTV.
Copyright © 2000 CNN/SI|
An AOL Time Warner Company.
All Rights Reserved.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.
Read our privacy guidelines.