Fantasy baseball Weekend Primer: Stream Arizona's Patrick Corbin
Notable nuggets on the upcoming weekend action that could swing your fantasy baseball matchup:
• The Sunday night game this weekend features one of the league's best rivalries, with the Dodgers visiting the Giants. The national television audience will be treated to a great pitching matchup, as Hyun-Jin Ryu and Matt Cain take the ball for their respective teams. If you haven't had a chance to see the rookie Ryu pitch this year, you're going to want to park yourself in front of the TV Sunday night. He has one of the best sliders in the game and has racked up 46 strikeouts in 37.2 innings.
• Of course, you won't be able to stream Cain or Ryu. For those of you in need of some emergency pitching stats this weekend, you unfortunately may only have one chance to pick on the Astros or Marlins. Houston hosts Detroit this weekend, and the three Tigers starters are owned in all formats. Meanwhile Miami visits Philadelphia, where Jonathan Pettibone awaits your call. The 22-year-old has 10 strikeouts in 10.1 innings this year, and will likely get the start on Friday.
• Despite a 1.91 ERA and 1.06 WHIP, Patrick Corbin remains widely available. He'll start for the Diamondbacks Saturday in San Diego and is as streamable as they come.
• If you have the stomach for it, Ricky Romero will be promoted to start Friday in place of the injured Josh Johnson. He has made just one start with High-A Dunedin this year, but it was a good one, as he allowed one run on six hits in seven innings, striking out four.
• Finally, Scott Kazmir's fastball is back up in the 91-92 range, a major improvement over his last few seasons. He'll start Friday against the Twins, who have been one of the lowest-scoring teams this year and have the fourth-worst team OPS.
Enjoy the games this weekend. We'll see you on Monday.