SPORTS ILLUSTRATED's 50th ANNIVERSARY TOUR HEADS TO
AUBURN UNIVERSITY TO CELEBRATE SPORTS IN AMERICA
Free Interactive Site Features Fun Activities and Special Events for All Ages
What: The Toyota Presents Sports Illustrated's 50th Anniversary Tour is a football field-size interactive site which brings SPORTS ILLUSTRATED to life for fans across the country. Complete with a main stage to showcase a variety of entertainment, SI's one-of-a-kind sports experience will feature activities and special events that define the American sports landscape.
Special Appearance And Autograph Session with Auburn Football Legend Bo Jackson
on Friday, November 21 from 4:00pm-5:30pm
**To Secure Interviews, Please Contact Sheryl Spain at 646-256-3334 or firstname.lastname@example.org**
- Musical Guest: "The Shut-Ups" on Friday, November 21 at 6:00pm.
- Craziest Fan Contest: Saturday, November 22 at 11:00am. Auburn and Alabama fans invited to dress in their craziest team colors and show their team spirit for a chance to win $500 and their picture on SI.com. Winner announced at 12:00pm noon.
- Special performances by local YMCA and Parks and Recreation youth sports groups.
When: THE TOUR IS OPEN FREE TO THE PUBLIC ON THE FOLLOWING DAYS:
- Thursday, November 20 2pm - 7pm
- Friday, November 21 11am - 7pm
- Saturday, November 22 10:30am - Kickoff (Alabama vs. Auburn Game)
Where: The Meadow at Auburn University Campus, corner of Donahue and Lem Morrison Drives.
The Tour is a key element in SI's 50th Anniversary multi-media program, which is touching communities across the country with a yearlong nationwide celebration of sports in America. It will visit unique sporting events and locations in 25 states from July 2003-July 2004.
The sports experience will cover nearly a football field's worth of real estate and will include:
- Toyota Field , an enclosed theater that will feature an original film highlighting the greatest sports moments of the past 50 years as selected by the editors of SI.
- Best Buy's "Best Seat in the House ," which will showcase the latest consumer electronic innovations for catching your favorite teams.
- Starter will feature the following three elements: an exhibit profiling the Starter All-American Teen from each state; the Starter/Shaq Dunkman, an interactive basketball experience; and other baseball, basketball, football and soccer challenges.
- MassMutual Financial Group's display of Game Face: What Does A Female Athlete Look Like? , which is a part of a national photo exhibition that depicts the physical and emotional experience of competition and play.
***PHOTO AND VIDEO OPPORTUNITIES***