SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY OFFER: Now you can own an original first issue of Sports Illustrated!
PANAMA CITY FOR SPRING BREAK
Free Interactive Site Features Live Entertainment, Volleyball Tournaments,
What: The Toyota Presents Sports Illustrated's 50th Anniversary Tour is a football field-size interactive site which brings SPORTS ILLUSTRATED to life for fans across the country. Complete with a main stage to showcase a variety of entertainment, SI's one-of-a-kind sports experience will feature activities and special events that define the American sports landscape.
DAILY EVENTS INCLUDE:
• SLAM DUNK CONTEST - 12:00 NOON
• WHIFFLEBALL GAME - 1:30PM
• DAILY CONCERT - 3:30PM
Plus: Visitors to the site can get their picture on the cover of SI for FREE!
Where: 9450 South Thomas Drive (Located on the beach behind the Boardwalk Hotel)
When: March 13 - April 3, 2004, 10:30am - 4:30pm
The Tour is a key element in SI's 50th Anniversary multi-media program, which is touching communities across the country with a yearlong nationwide celebration of sports in America. It will visit unique sporting events and locations in 25 states from July 2003-July 2004.
The sports experience will cover nearly a football field's worth of real estate and will include:
• Best Buy's "Best Seat in the House," which will showcase the latest consumer electronic innovations for catching your favorite teams.
• Starter will feature the following three elements: an exhibit profiling the Starter All-American Teen from each state; the Starter/Shaq Dunkman, an interactive basketball experience; and other baseball, basketball, football and soccer challenges.
• MassMutual Financial Group's display of Game Face: What Does A Female Athlete Look Like?, which is a part of a national photo exhibition that depicts the physical and emotional experience of competition and play.
Contact: Allison Keane/SI, 917.359.7433; Stephan Pechdimaldji/SI, 212.522.7644