SPORTS ILLUSTRATED's 50th ANNIVERSARY TOUR HEADS TO
LOUISVILLE FOR THE KENTUCKY DERBY ON SATURDAY, APRIL 24
Free Interactive Site Features Fun Activities and Special Events for All Ages
The Toyota Presents Sports Illustrated's 50th Anniversary Tour is a football field-size interactive site which brings SPORTS ILLUSTRATED to life for fans across the country. Complete with a main stage to showcase a variety of entertainment - SI's one-of-a-kind sports experience will feature activities and special events that define the American sports landscape.
Admission to the Anniversary Tour is FREE.
April 24 - April 30 Hours of operation: 1pm-9pm daily
The Kentucky Derby Festival
1001 South Third Street
Louisville, KY 40203
***The Toyota Presents Sports Illustrated's 50th Anniversary Tour will be located
in the Festival Plaza, next to the Chow Wagon***
The Tour is a key element in SI's 50th Anniversary multi-media program, which is touching communities across the country with a yearlong nationwide celebration of sports in America. It will visit unique sporting events and locations in 25 states from July 2003-July 2004.
The sports experience will cover nearly a football field's worth of real estate and will include:
• Toyota Field , an enclosed theater that will feature an original film highlighting the greatest sports moments of the past 50 years as selected by the editors of SI.
• Best Buy's "Best Seat in the House," which will showcase the latest consumer electronic innovations for catching your favorite teams.
• Starter will feature the following three elements: an exhibit profiling the Starter All-American Teen from each state; the Starter/Shaq Dunkman, an interactive basketball experience; and other baseball, basketball, football and soccer challenges.
• MassMutual Financial Group's display of Game Face: What Does A Female Athlete Look Like?, which is a part of a national photo exhibition that depicts the physical and emotional experience of competition and play.
• Live entertainment - including special appearances, games and prizes - will be featured on the Tour's main stage.
***PHOTO AND VIDEO OPPORTUNITIES***