Ski Jumping Quiz
2. How many athletes compete on each team?
3. What are the two scoring areas?
Distance and style
Style and flare
Height and distance
Fashion and taste
4. Sondre Nordheim of Norway, who took the first officially measured ski jump, is known as what?
Father of skiing
5. Calling the sport "ski sailing," where did jumper Karl Howelsen perform in the early 1900s?
Ripley's Believe It or Not
Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus
6. How long are skiers in the air?
2 to 3 seconds
4 to 5 seconds
10 to 12 seconds
20 to 22 seconds
7. What is the name of the ramp that skiers take off from?
8. What is the K Point?
Distance of the jump equal to height of hill
Part of a ski
9. What is the V Position?
Position of skier's body
Position at the start of jump
Position of skis
Position of the sun
10. What devices are used to measure distance?