- Sport: Olympic Canoeing
- Nation: United States of America
- Discipline: Tandem slalom canoe (with Casey Eichfeld)
- DOB: March 22, 1989
- Height: 6 feet
- Weight: 160 pounds
- Hometown: Parkesburg, Pa.
- College: American Intercontinental University
- Coach: Rafal Smolen
- Career Highlights: Along with Eichfeld, Powell's boat finished second at the Olympic trials in the tandem slalom canoe, but they earned enough
points to qualify for the Olympics after a 12th-place finish at the year's third World Cup event in Augsburg, Germany, in
July. ... The duo finished the World Cup series ranked 14th overall. ... Powell and Eichfeld also won gold at the 2006 national
championship and silver at the 2007 event, finishing 21st at the 2007 world championships. ... They have captured three gold
medals in 2008 at American events, including the U.S. Open in Nantahala, N.C. ... Formerly a solo kayaker, Powell finished
7th at the senior U.S. team trials in the slalom kayak in 2006.
- Personal Notes: He and Eichfeld have known each other through paddling since early childhood, and shared a tandem canoe as early as early
as 1997. After years racing on their own, the duo reunited in 2006 to make an Olympic bid. ... Powell, who paddles from the
bow, has been canoeing since he was 2 years old.