- Sport: Olympic Swimming
- Nation: United States of America
- DOB: Jan. 9, 1981
- Hometown: North Easton, Mass.
- College: Southern California '05
- Career Highlights: Will swim only the 800m freestyle relay in Beijing after finishing a surprising fourth in the 1500m freestyle at the Olympic
trials. ... His time in the 1500 was more than 17 seconds off his trials-record time of 14:50.24 in the preliminaries and
22 seconds behind winner Peter Vanderkaay in the finals. ... Two-time Olympian who has earned two silver medals in the 400m
IM (2004 and 2000). ... Won the 400m IM at the 2007 Mutual of Omaha Duel in the Pool. ... Set a meet record and won gold in
the 800m free at the 2007 Mare Nostrum Series. ... Returned to competitive swimming in April 2006 and went on to make the
2006 Pan Pac team in August, earning silver in the 1500m free in Victoria. ... Two-time World Championship medalist, earning
bronze in the 1500m free in 2003 and silver in the 400m IM in 2001. ... Was the first American to break 15 minutes in 1500m
- Olympic History: 2004 - silver, 400m IM; 16th, 1500m FR; 2000: silver, 400m IM; 6th, 1500m FR.