Extra MustardSI On CampusFantasyPhoto GalleriesSwimsuitVideoFanNationSI KidsTNT
Back to Extra Mustard
A unique take on sports news, updated several times throughout the day.
5/21/2007 02:51:00 PM

If one could put a price on love, it's $24.95

Doug and Jackie Christie
Doug and Jackie Christie will beat the world over the head with their love. Again.
Arnold Turner/WireImage.com
Wondering what happened to Doug and Jackie Christie since his NBA career and their joint reality show (Committed: The Christies on BET-J) ended? Well, now they're hawking a book. I received an email today pitching No Ordinary Love: A True Story of Marriage and Basketball. No Ordinary Love isn't just a Sade song anymore but also, evidently, a book that "pull[s] back the curtain on their highly publicized marriage, Doug's career, and their personal ups and downs in the world of the NBA."

Presumably a reader will learn the origin of the index-and-pinky-finger hand signal meaning "I love you" that Doug would flash as many as 60 times a game to his wife in the stands. (Curiously, some other NBA players use the same signal to indicate their number of illegitimate children. From the last road trip.) The book is being published through the Christies' new Infinite Love Publishing, which sounds an awful lot like "self-published." But what do I know, I'm not even married.
posted by SI.com | View comments |

Comments:

You better watch out Pete. Mrs. Christie will come at you swinging her purse, and she just put in 2 extra sets of keys in it to make sure it stings.
Doug who ??
Posted: May 21, 2007 9:50 PM   by Anonymous
Good luck Dougie, you're gonna need it.
They should just resort to selling leather clothing since it seems to be all they were, LOL.
Posted: May 22, 2007 10:48 AM   by Anonymous
The first in a trilogy. The other two volumes being each party's tell-all after the divorce....
Posted: May 22, 2007 12:35 PM   by Anonymous
wow people still care about doug christie?!?!?! you know i try not to judge people that I dont know personally but for some reason I never liked Doug Christie. I think he even played for my Lakers for a hot minute but still, i admit i have no reason not to like him but I just don't. Can't put my finger on what the reason is though.
Posted: May 22, 2007 1:27 PM   by Anonymous
Anon 12:35
There's one good reason to like Doug Christie. He punched out Rick Fox.
While I've never intentionally watched either BET or Doug Christie, the origins of the "mysterious" hand-sign is ASL (American Sign Language). It is often used by deafs, mutes, and people being booed so loudly (due to shameless over-exposure) that they can't hear one another.
Posted: May 23, 2007 1:48 PM   by Anonymous
Pete's not married, but he is single, thin, and thirty ... not that their's anything wrong with that.
Posted: May 23, 2007 2:07 PM   by Pete
Anon. 1:48 p.m., that is all true, but I am *not* neat. Not that there would be anything wrong with that. -- Thanks, Pete
Posted: May 29, 2007 5:38 PM   by Anonymous
from da boy vince

I thoght love costs $29.98, or 20% off with a coupon, hardcore.

slick
Let me hear from you

Beyond posting a comment, if you have a news tip or a link to a story or video clip that you think is interesting, please drop me a line. Or if you have a general question or comment, send that along too. You can email me here.

(One note on the blogger comments: The only rule is to keep it clean. No curse words, please. This is a family blog.)