Extra MustardSI On CampusFantasyPhoto GalleriesSwimsuitVideoFanNationSI KidsTNT
Get inside March Madness with SI.com's Luke Winn in the Tourney Blog, a daily journal of college basketball commentary, on-site reporting and reader-driven discussions.
4/08/2008 03:10:00 AM

Presenting ... Your Blog Pool Champ

Kansas
Streeter Lecka/Getty Images

SAN ANTONIO -- All hail our Tourney Blog Pool champ, Karen Kraus, who roots for Missouri but rode Kansas to the top of our 5,490-bracket field. The main prize of our Facebook pool -- aside from the high-fashion Final Four belt buckle that was pictured yesterday -- is wordwide blog fame, so we reintroduce you to Karen below:

2008 Tourney Blog Winner
Karen Kraus, 24, Columbia, Mo.
School: University of Missouri/Public Health Masters program
Team: "I root for MU now, as I have for my entire life."
Bracket Philosophy: "It drives people who put a lot of thought into their brackets crazy: I generally pick by ranking as I do not follow any teams except MU. I probably spent less than a minute on my bracket. I do it this way every year, and the strategy [if you even want to call it that] tends to work well although I have never won a pool."

That's right, folks; she spent less than a minute on her bracket. And she beat every one of you.

Rounding out the top 10 were: Elliot Chan (a UC-Berkeley student who was alone in second place), Charlie Stavlo, Doug Pellatz, Craig Giovannetti, Cody Nilson, Kevin Gossen, Jonathan Flaugher, Michael Hess, Darrell Schulz, Adam Riggs, Derrick Anderson and Jeff Coverdale. Thanks to all for playing, and thanks to most of you for beating me in the standings. I finished 2,544th. The full standings are here.
posted by Luke Winn | View comments (5) |

5 Comments:

Posted: April 8, 2008 6:27 PM   by Anonymous Karen Kraus of
Thanks for hosting that pool. It was nice to feel like a winner even though my school's arch-rival came up with the championship.
Posted: April 8, 2008 6:30 PM   by Anonymous Karen Kraus
Uh-oh, cat jumping on the keyboard submitted my unfinished post. Anyway, I look forward to getting my awesome belt buckle. LOL

At least we Tigers still have our football glory to hold over Kansas's head.
Posted: April 12, 2008 1:08 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Missouri= Cotton Bowl Champs
KU= National Champions

I don't think that compares.
Posted: April 13, 2008 9:53 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
WVU getting some respect. Love it!
Posted: April 14, 2008 12:22 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Football glory? As in a BCS win? Hmm... time to rethink your comments.
Reporting From ...
Contact The Blog
Third Annual Blog Pool
(On Facebook)
We have 5,490 bracketeers in this year's blog pool -- an 852-percent jump in participation from 2007. Your current leaders are:

1. Karen Kraus (136/KU)
2. K. San Antonio (136/UM)
(Full standings here)