We rank 'em. You react. That's how the Daily List rolls.
6/29/2007 11:18:00 AM
Durant's Top 5 Collegiate Time-Killers
Kevin Durant's won't have much free time on his hands now that he's in the NBA.
Photo by AP
By Lang Whitaker, SI.com
Thursday night at the NBA Draft, the Portland Trail Blazers used the first pick to select Greg Oden. Which made a lot of people in Seattle very happy.
Kevin Durant, last year's College Player of the Year, slipped to the No. 2 spot and to the Sonics, meaning the lanky 6-foot-9 swingman will be pouring in buckets in Washington for a while. (Or at least a season, if the team really is on the move.)
Durant spent one college season at the University of Texas, and he told me he enjoyed his year there. "When you go to college you're supposed to grow up," he said. "I can attest for myself that I learned so much, met so many people, made so many new friends that will stick with me forever. I had some great moments, funny moments, some down moments, but it was one of the best times of my life."
In between daily practices and classes in Austin, Durant said he was able to find time for a few other pastimes. Here are Durant's top 5 collegiate time-killers.
1. Sleep: "I used to take a couple of naps a day."
2. Eating: "Not even eating, really, but more hanging out in the dining hall. A lot of my teammates and the football players were in the dining hall between classes."
3. TV: "I watched a lot of ESPN Classic, watching the NBA's Greatest Games."
4. Video Games: "My favorite game was The Godfather.
5. Computer: "My three favorite sites to surf were YouTube, Facebook and iMeem, an online music site."
What were some of your favorite ways to kill time in college (remember, keep it clean)?
Lang Whitaker is the executive editor of SLAM magazine and writes daily at SLAMonline.com.
I went to college in the early 70's, in the days before PC's and video games. So our time killing options were pretty limited: 1) Drinking beer 2) Watching TV 3) Drinking beer 4) Playing cards 5) Drinkung beer
1. FACEBOOK 2. MYSPACE 3. MID-DAY NAPS (OMG...don't do this!!! it KILLZ when you have classes in the middle of the day, lol) 4. READING (4 pleasure of course...sucks, though, when you have 6 classes to read for, lol) 5. ZONING OUT...lol...yes...this DOES kill time...lmao! :D