We rank 'em. You react. That's how the Daily List rolls.
7/09/2007 01:35:00 PM
Nick Collison's Favorite MTV Shows
Nick Collison isn't ashamed to admit that he likes watching "The Hills," which stars Lauren Conrad.
Photo by Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com
By Lang Whitaker, SI.com
As a center for the Seattle SuperSonics, Nick Collison is mostly known for his hustle and intelligent play. But away from the court, I've come to know Nick Collison as a television connoisseur, specifically reality programs which air on MTV.
While traveling with the Sonics, Collison keeps up with his favorite shows via his Tivo, Slingbox and a laptop.
With summer providing him ample time to immerse himself in MTV, we asked Collison for his five favorite MTV shows.
1. Rob and Big: They are hilarious and I'm jealous of their life. Plus, Big Black has shared his ideas on manpons and protecting the fins. My favorite parts are cameos by Uncle Jerry.
2. Cribs: An MTV classic. They need to get a lot more new episodes. Some of the homes are really cool. Its also fun to see the tacky stuff some people spend a lot of money on.
3. Run's House: I love the kids. They are hilarious.
4. The Hills: I doubt a lot of guys in the NBA would admit they watch a show about the everyday lives of these people, with storylines such as, "Can Heidi and LC coexist with Spencer around?" Or, "Will Whitney get promoted?" But the unintentional comedy from dudes like Spencer, Jason and Brody is just too high for me to delete this from my Tivo season pass.
5. Two A Days: I'm constantly shocked by how important high school football is in the South. And Rush Probst is a master motivator.
Send us your list of favorite MTV shows from the past and present.
Lang Whitaker is the executive editor of SLAM magazine and writes daily at SLAMonline.com.
What's the name of the channel... "MUSIC" Television! I havn't watched MTV since they really stopped playing music in the 90's since they opted for The Real World over "REAL MUSIC" programming.
Shame on you MTV! SHAME on you! EVERYONE used to watch MTV back in the day and now all you're doing is creating another generation that will be hypnotized and obsessed with shows like american idol and survivor. SHAME!
1. two-A-days fond memories of high school ball 2.True life- these are very intense and interesting. 3. Made- a little unrealistic, but enjoyable to watch the transformation. 4.Anything with Kurt Loder 5. Real World- just because
i'm a 26 year old (straight) male, and i'm not ashamed to admit that i also watch 'the hills'.. nick is right, the dudes on that show are unintentionally funny and all the girls are way hot (except heidi).
as for favorite all time, i'd have to go with beaver & bunghole...
'i have seen the top of the mountain.. and it is good'.
This is the real top 5 shows on MTV: 1.Real World Road Rules= it is so much fun to see these people work so hard for cash 2. Two A Days= it is great to watch these kids work so hard for a sport 3. Made= amazing transformations are seen in this show 4. The Hills= the main characters are so pretty 5. Viva la Bam= Bam Margera is hilarious If you do not like MTV then do not watch it!!!!!