Extra MustardSI On CampusFantasyPhoto GalleriesSwimsuitVideoFanNationSI KidsTNT
Daily ListBack to Extra Mustard
We rank 'em. You react. That's how the Daily List rolls.
8/31/2007 09:18:00 AM

DeSean Jackson's Top Five Fight Songs

Cal.
USC's fight song is one of college football's best.
Photo by Robert Laberge/Getty Images
By Arash Markazi, SI.com

DeSean Jackson isn't hard to spot before games. He's usually the one bouncing around in the end zone, dancing to the music in his ears. "The song I listen to before every game is Tupac's All Eyes on Me," says Jackson. "That's my favorite song. Just listening to All Eyes on Me before the game lets you know that everybody's looking at you and you've got to step up and make a big play, make things happen." Jackson usually makes things happen on the field, as he's one of the leading candidates for the Hesiman Trophy this season, but what fight songs get him the most pumped up before a game? Here are his top five.

1. Cal: Well, obviously, first and foremost is our Cal fight song, it always gets me pumped up before games.

2. USC: That song really gets me going. I know it by heart. It's crazy. You just hear that and it's like, "Oh man, there go the 'SC Trojans." That's a good feeling, you know, because once you hear their band playing, you just get ready to play some football. I would probably say SC that gets me pumped up the most. Being young and always being around SC, I always just heard their fight song, and they got the horse running up and down the sideline. They've got that going on, so it's kind of a good thing.

3. LSU: They've got a good one going on at LSU. It's one of those classic college football fight songs.

4. Arizona State: They got a cool one. I always like hearing that one before I play the Sun Devils.

5. UCLA: It's funny because they got the same fight song as us. I remember when I played at UCLA it was a big thing because I heard the song and I was like, "Hey! That's our song!" It's kind of crazy because you hear both teams playing that song and it's like, "Damn, which team is mine? Which band is mine?" So you really don't know when you go to UCLA. It's hard.

What are your top five college fight songs?
posted by SI.com | View comments |

Comments:

Posted: August 31, 2007 1:00 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
are you kidding me the Notre Dame fight song is not on there. this is a joke of a list if ND is not listed....
Posted: August 31, 2007 1:01 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
How in the world can you leave "Hail to the Victor" off of that list?
Posted: August 31, 2007 1:04 PM   by Anonymous Kayla
My top 5 would be:
1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Kentucky
4. Texas
5. Florida
Posted: August 31, 2007 1:05 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Great list if you are in the PAC 10....
Posted: August 31, 2007 1:13 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Hail to the Victors - University of Michigan

Should be on the top of any list
Posted: August 31, 2007 1:51 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
The University of Washington has a great one in Bow Down to Washington.

I agree that USC has a great song.

I guess if there is one thing the Pac-10 can do it is fight songs.
Posted: August 31, 2007 1:55 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
1. Ohio State "fight the team"
2. Michigan "Hail to the Victors"
3. Notre Dame-just watch Rudy if you have any doubt
4. USC It's just cool, I root for them to score just to hear it
5. really are there any others even close to those four??? seriously no one else is even close I'll bet if you checked the ring tone purchases it's those 4 and therest are not even close.
Ohio states is so good I'll bet 3/4 ths ofthe high schools in Ohio use it as theirs
Posted: August 31, 2007 1:55 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
"Hail to the Victors" is head and shoulders above the rest. Nothing is even close.
Posted: August 31, 2007 1:58 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
1. Tennessee
2. Notre Dame
3. Michigan
4. Penn State
5. USC
Posted: August 31, 2007 2:02 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
UCLA is so unoriginal; can they please come up with their own mascot and song?
Posted: August 31, 2007 2:03 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
1. Georgia Tech - "I'm a Ramblin' Wreck From Georgia Tech" been featured in movies, and sung by world leaders. People may not know anything about Georgia Tech, but everyone, from the most ardent college football fan to my grandmother knows where the Ramblin' Wreck calls home.

2. Notre Dame - Probably the song most synonomus with college football.

3. Michigan - Again, a true classic.

4. Wisconsin - Another original

5. Clemson - Nothing more intimidating than seeing a sea of orange and hearing "Tiger Rag" as the Tigers line up to rub the rock and run down the hill in "Death Valley"
There is no way a list cannot have Michigan and Notre Dame at the top. My top 5 are:

1. Michigan
2. Notre Dame
3. USC
4. Ohio State
5. Everyone else.

Tennessee has a cool song, but it's an old bluegrass song. It wasn't originally written for college football.
Posted: August 31, 2007 2:16 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
How is Tennessee's 'Rocky Top' not on there?
Posted: August 31, 2007 2:19 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech! Any song that mentions a barrel of rum and says TO HELL WITH GEORGIA has to be included!
desean's is for the pac-10...mine is for the sec: auburn, alabama & tennessee. three of the best and most recognizable "fight songs" in the nation
Posted: August 31, 2007 2:38 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Predictable from a Pac 10 player. DeSean will be humming a new tune after Saturday... Rocky Top.

Top 5

1. Notre Dame
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. Tennessee
5. Penn State
Posted: August 31, 2007 3:02 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Anchors Aweigh

The Army's Caison song

Notre Dame Victory March

On Wisconsin

The Ramblin Wreck of Georgia Tech

and for honorable mention (even though I am a domer)

USC

Hail to the Victors
Posted: August 31, 2007 3:05 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Has to be Notre Dame, Michigan, Wisconsin, USC, and Tennessee.
Posted: August 31, 2007 3:05 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
How about Army's fight song?
Posted: August 31, 2007 3:08 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
1.Ohio State - "Buckeye Battle Cry"
2.Ohio State - "Across the Field"
3.Michigan - "Hail to the Victors"
4.Oklahoma - "Boola-Boola"
5.Notre Dame
Posted: August 31, 2007 3:14 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Michigan
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Minnesota
USC
Posted: August 31, 2007 3:15 PM   by Anonymous big ghi
Once again, a list that concentrates solely on the big programs. Go listen to the Marching 97 of Lehigh University, as well as the alumni band that shows up at each home game. Nothing against the talent of the kids in these big school bands, but they aren't nearly as fun.

One more thing - we see the Grambling/Southern game televised each year and pushed as the "Battle of the Bands." How in the world did they get left off?
Posted: August 31, 2007 3:18 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Is this list suppossed to be taken seriously? Besides USC, you've listed a bunch of run of the mill songs, most of which aren't dicernable from your average high school song. No Michigan? No Notre Dame? No Wisconsin? No Texas? Those are the famous and great fight songs of college football. Plus, one sleeper: Colorado.
Posted: August 31, 2007 3:21 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
I'm not even a big college football fan but there are 2 fight songs I associate with college football:

Notre Dame & Michigan

You completely discredit yourself without having EITHER of them on the list.
Posted: August 31, 2007 3:27 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
the notre dame fight song has to be on there. no one cares about arizona state's fight song. how come all the schools listed are in the west? are there no good songs in the mid-west or east coast? this list is horrible. other than lsu ive never heard from anyone else about these schools having a good fight song. this list is a joke.
Posted: August 31, 2007 3:45 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
what a joke of a list, it is:
1. Notre Dame
2. Michigan
3. Ohio State
4. USC
5. Florida
Posted: August 31, 2007 3:52 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
No Norte Dame or Michigan on the list? (I'm not a fan of either) These lists have become such a waste of time I will no longer stop here.
1. Michigan (the classic)
2. Ohio St. (same as my HS)
3. USC (catchy, and you hear it all the time)
4. Notre Dame (another classic)
5. Washington (my team)
Posted: August 31, 2007 4:14 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
I'm an FSU grad and love their fight song and war chant but know that most people wouldn't put them in their top five. How could you not have Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Georgia, Georgia Tech, or even Alabama? This is a joke.
Posted: August 31, 2007 4:14 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
USC's fight song is the worst! It's so boring and repetitive. And that stupid A** "v"ictory symbol sucks too.
.1 Hail to the victors"
.2 Notre Dame
.3 UCLA
.4 Oklahoma
.5 Navy
Posted: August 31, 2007 4:22 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
ohio state
Posted: August 31, 2007 4:22 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
ohio state
michigan

bar none
Posted: August 31, 2007 4:22 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
ohio state all the way

michigan's is well-known and great too
Posted: August 31, 2007 4:25 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Yeah , I'm a Georgia fan but I'll give it to Tech they do have a very catchy fight song .

1) Michigan
2)Georgia Tech
3)Notre Dame
4)Tennessee
5)USC
Posted: August 31, 2007 4:54 PM   by Anonymous Scott W
Michigan #1 Hands Down. An underrated fight song is the University of Nike... I mean, Oregon
Posted: August 31, 2007 5:29 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
At least I don't have to read about an East Coast bias in this article.
Posted: August 31, 2007 5:30 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
It's funny how some people said, just watch Rudy to understand how great the ND fight song is, when the theme to Rudy itself probably does a better job at pumping you up.

1. ND
2. Michigan
3-117 The Rest...

And this is coming from a Buckeye fan.
Posted: August 31, 2007 5:39 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
"Yea, Alabama" is a great one. Michigan and Notre Dame have good ones too. I'm totally against any fight song is either an actual song (like bluegrass classic "Rocky Top") or one that borrows its melody from one (see Georgia).
Posted: August 31, 2007 5:48 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
How about Notre Dame, Michigan, Wisconsin, Texas, and oh yeah USC with honorable mention to all three service academies.
Posted: August 31, 2007 6:14 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Hail to the Victors,
Valiant,
Hail to the Mighty,
Conquesring,
Hail, Hail, to Michigan.
The leaders and Best.

Who else can even come close with the exception of "Rocky Top"
"wooooooooo piiiiiig soooooooooooiiiiiiieeeeee

Go Hogs!!!!1
Posted: August 31, 2007 6:33 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Any list that doesn't have Michigan and ND in the top 5 should be ignored. And while I'm a Wisconsin Badgers fan, I seem to recall reading that John Phillip Sousa called "On Wisconsin" the best marching band song he ever heard.
Posted: August 31, 2007 6:44 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
NFL Today

Way long time ago, CBS's NFL Today had a theme song that sounded like it should've been a college fight song. Great tune, I still remember it (well, the beginning and end anyway).
Posted: August 31, 2007 7:30 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
I would have to put Michigan and Notre Dame on the list for sure.
Posted: August 31, 2007 7:31 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Are you kidding me? What kind of list is that? Not putting 'Hail to the Victors' on there is like making a list of the 5 all-time best basketball players with Michael Jordan...
Posted: August 31, 2007 7:33 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
On Brave Old Army Team is a classic, followed by Michigan's (Hail to the Victors), Notre Dame's, Wisconsin's, and Oklahoma's. USC's is monotonous.
Posted: August 31, 2007 7:51 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
NO "HAIL TO THE VICTORS" WOW!! REALLY!!!
You should seriously be ashamed for publishing this crap. I almost vomited when I read this. You leave off Hail to the Victors and The Notre Dame Victory March. They are so far ahead of al of the others this shouldn't be listed.
Posted: August 31, 2007 9:41 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
How in the world can you leave off...

1. "The Victors" (Michigan)

2. "Victory March" (Notre Dame)

3. "Rocky Top" (Tennessee)

4. "On Wisconsin" (Wisconsin)

5. Ohio State (not sure of the name)

Come on...take your Pac 10 bias out of it and check a little history.
1. Notre Dame
2. Michigan
3. Navy
4. Georgia Tech
5. Tulane (Hullabaloo)
Posted: August 31, 2007 10:02 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Is this a Labor Day joke - no Michigan- Notre Dame- Cornell ?
Kentucky's "On On U of K" during a game in Rupp is pretty awesome.
Posted: August 31, 2007 11:46 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
from da boy vince

I like Penn States but i never really heard any others

the philly eagles is the best though
Posted: August 31, 2007 11:49 PM   by Anonymous Ryan from Wi
Wisconsin should be on every list, their school song is the only one that was ever given the "official seal of approvel" from John Phillips Sousa. Only known as the best composer of marching music. So if Wisconsin is not on that list you're insane. The rest as follows: Notre Dame, Michigan, Georgia Tech, USC And Ohio State would be tied.
Posted: September 1, 2007 12:38 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
1. Notre Dame
2. Michigan
3. Ohio State
4. Tennessee
5. USC
Posted: September 1, 2007 1:11 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
1) Alabama
2) Texas
3) Notre Dame
4) USC
5) Michigan
Posted: September 1, 2007 1:35 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
USC's fight song might actually sound cool if the band could actual PLAY the fight song and not sound like the complete crap that they do.
Posted: September 1, 2007 1:58 AM   by Anonymous Russell
Noles. You can't mention intimidation without FSU defense and the FSU fight song. I'm a firm believer in it's power, ala the Choke at Doak.
Posted: September 1, 2007 1:22 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
thats whack! michigan wasn't up there! we all know their fight song is the all time greatest.
Hello ....! Have you ever heard the FSU fight song? Even the Atlanta Braves use it!
Posted: September 1, 2007 5:52 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Alabama!!!
LSU
Michigan
Texas
Florida
Posted: September 1, 2007 5:59 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Is he crazy? I haven't even heard some of those songs it should be:
1.Tennessee (DeSean will probably say the same after saturday)
2.(as much as I hate saying this)-Notre Dame
3.Georgia Tech
4.Michigan
5.Texas
Alabama? No way! No way! Kayla, do you have a picture of Saint Nicholas Saban the Terrible that you worship? And for LSU's fight song to be up there is absolutely criminal. Where's Arkansas? That's a catchy song! And what about the classic Georgia "Glory Glory"?
Posted: September 1, 2007 10:21 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Since I'm a Big Ten gal my top 5 would be as follows
1. On Wisconsin
2. Hail to the Victors
3. Notre Dame (even though I hate them)
4. Ohio state
5. Iowa Fight Song MY Alma Mater and written by Meredith Wilson...the Music Man guy.
Posted: September 1, 2007 10:44 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Nebraskas tunnel walk song!
Posted: September 1, 2007 11:11 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
honestly nothing compares to 'On Wisconsin', John Philip Sousa said that it was the finest of all college marching songs and he was the king of the march!!!
Posted: September 1, 2007 11:19 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
unc's is pretty darn good
Posted: September 2, 2007 12:11 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Notre Dame's fight song, like Notre Dame, is overrated. USC has the best fight song ever. And Michigan should be left off every "top-whatever" list until they can prove they can beat D-AA teams at home. "Hail to the Victor?" More like "Hail to the Guys Who Lose at Home to D-AA Teams."
Posted: September 2, 2007 1:56 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
how can FSU's fight song not be there?? its plain amazing.
Posted: September 2, 2007 2:22 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
ND is tops and hail to the victor is no slouch either. Who made this list?
This list is a joke, more of a Pac-10 top 5 list, somehow LSU made it on there, though. And like many people have posted, how can NOTRE DAME not be at the top of this list? NOTRE DAME has the best fight song of all time!!! Watch the movie Rudy, and you'll understand. GO IRISH!!!
Posted: September 2, 2007 3:21 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
im guessing nobody here has ever been to a Texas A&M game?
Posted: September 2, 2007 7:57 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
I guess Texas A&M isn't on there because we don't have a "fight song"...we have a War Hymn!

Gig'em Aggies
Posted: September 2, 2007 8:07 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
#1 Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech for certain.

Bear Bryant once said that he would trade two All-American ends for a fight song as good as the Ramblin' Wreck!

#2 Anchors Aweigh
Posted: September 2, 2007 8:39 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Sorry guys, here is the list:
Notre Dame
LSU
Michigan
Wisconsin
Georgia Tech
Why - watch the bands, watch the fans - you'll get it
Posted: September 2, 2007 11:26 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
It's obvious to me these lists are created with a dart board which facilitates more comments on the website. Michigan, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame have some of the most famous fight songs in the history of sport. "On, Wisconsin" in particular is used as a baseline for numerous songs, including the Beach Boy's "Be True to Your School."
Posted: September 2, 2007 12:21 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
nd (even though I'm a Trojan)
Michigan (but after losing to AS..I'm not so sure)
USC
Alabama
Texas (was impressed a few years ago at the rose bowl..any school that has song girls in chaps)
Posted: September 2, 2007 1:24 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Love teh WVU Hail WV! Also got a charge from Ga. Tech, Clemson oh those tigers is pretty good and as much As I hate em can't leave off notre dame and U Mich
Posted: September 2, 2007 1:59 PM   by Anonymous Alex
The "VMI Spirit" It's a great one, and Bing Crosby recorded it long ago...
Posted: September 2, 2007 2:59 PM   by Anonymous Palmer
How could anyone not put their own alma mater first?

1. "Fight On State" - Penn State
2. "Hail to the Victor" - Michigan
3. "We're a bunch of hypocritcal scumbags" - Notre Dame (I have no idea of the name of the song, but that should be it)
4. "Rocky Top" - Tennessee
5. The Tomahawk Chop - Florida State
Posted: September 2, 2007 4:15 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
My top songs are

Michigan,
University of Miami (Florida)
Florida State
Notre Dame
USC
Posted: September 2, 2007 4:25 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Think outside the box. Ohio's (no not State) version of Stand up and Cheer is amazing.
Posted: September 2, 2007 4:53 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
The 'SC song is fine if you like a band that knows only one song that is four bars long.
Posted: September 2, 2007 5:28 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
1. Tennessee
2. Mich
3. Texas Tech
4. Army
5. OU
Posted: September 2, 2007 6:26 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Come on-"Buckeye Battle Cry" has to be top 2.
Posted: September 2, 2007 7:28 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Wow. I think it says a lot that you can see lists with both Michigan's fight song, Notre Dame's fight song, and Ohio State's fight song. I guess it goes to show you, music can unite us all. That and they're awesome fight songs.
Posted: September 2, 2007 7:36 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
"On brave old Army Team
On to the Fray
Fight onto victory
cause that's the fealess Army Way"
I'm no Tennessee fan, but any list of the top 5 college fight songs that doesn't include "Rocky Top" is flat wrong.
Posted: September 2, 2007 8:29 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
rocky top.....the tennessee fight song is crazy....especially when the band walks down the street playing it....and the whole stadium sings....just insane
Posted: September 2, 2007 8:47 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
anchors aweigh is great.
rocky top isnt a fight song, the actual song is down the field, but thats ok ill go with either for tennessee.
My ipod is full of fight songs, so i cant limit it to 5.

1. Michigan
I say:
1) Michigan
2) Texas
3) USC
4) Notre Dame
5) LSU

That guy sure has a PAC 10 bias.
Posted: September 3, 2007 1:05 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
1 Tennessee
2 Notre Dame
3 Michigan
4 USC
5 Ohio State
Posted: September 3, 2007 2:06 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Mr. West Coaster is snubbing all the BEST fight songs in the country, which all are not in Cali or a state near it. Here they are
1. Tennessee
2. Notre Dame
3. Michigan
4. Wisconsin
5. Ohio State
Posted: September 3, 2007 2:11 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
My list-

1.ASU
2.USC
3.Notre Dame
4.Michigan
5.Ole Miss

Well his final 5 in recruiting were: Cal, ASU, LSU, Oklahoma, and USC. Sounds like his tastes in fight songs are similar to his tastes in schools. Not everyone in the world is obsessed with midwest schools or southeast schools. Good for him for being original. He is afterall a Pac-10 guy. Did you see what he did to Tennessee! Pac-10=SEC, Pac-10>Big 10, Big-12, ACC, Big East, MWC, WAC and so on..
Posted: September 3, 2007 2:14 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
"Hail to the Victors" doesn't even get their own team pumped up.. What about the Appalachian State fight song?
Posted: September 3, 2007 8:01 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
1. Notre Dame
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. Ohio State
5. Texas
Posted: September 3, 2007 9:06 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Michigan's fight song blows. It is so repetitive and annoying.

Purdue has a hell of a fight song, though.
Posted: September 3, 2007 9:34 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Notre Dame
USC
Michigan
Wisconsin
The shool you attended...
You non-musical morons should defer to someone who actually knew something about "March" songs, a.k.a.
"Fight" songs - John Phillip Sousa. You know, "Stars & Stripes Forever" - that guy. And HE said, the greatest Fight Song ever written is.... THE VICTORS - MICHIGAN. However, after last weekend, it should be retitled THE LOSERS. And this is coming from an alumni, and former Michigan Marching Band member...
Begins and ends with "ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE"!
Posted: September 3, 2007 10:25 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
tennessee
1 Tennessee
Posted: September 3, 2007 11:27 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Anonymous said...
How in the world can you leave "Hail to the Victor" off of that list?

This is the first of MANY "nominations" for Michigan's fight song. After our victory over Micha-Who this past Saturday, the new song for Big Blue should be renamed, "Hail to the Victors of ASU". 34-32 my friends. Have a great day.
Posted: September 3, 2007 11:41 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
It's clear Mr West Coast has never been to a college hockey game.

Sure, Wisconsin and Michigan have great songs. Notre Dame is fantastic. USC is impressive. 'Bama is solid.

But nothing can ever match the pump-up-ability of the MINNESOTA ROUSER after the Gophers put one into the net at a home hockey game. 17,000 screaming Gopher hockey fans ON THEIR FEET and signing along...followed by M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A! MINNESOTA! MINNESOTA! MINNESOTA! YAAAAAAAY GOPHERS!
1)Michigan (hail to the victors)
2)Kentucky (On On UofK)
Posted: September 3, 2007 1:49 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Wow, for those of you taking Desean's list too seriously, let's remember that these are songs that "pump him up" before gametime and he hears four of these songs at least once every year. Not too mention, he probably just pulled these off the top of his head and didn't perform an ESPN who's-number-one bracket to decide which songs to list. That being said, my favorites are, in no particular order:
USC's Conquest,Fight for Cal, Mighty Oregon, ASU's Maroon and Gold, Texas Fight, Boomer Sooner, Hail to the Victors, Buckeye Battlecry, On Wisconsin, Notre Dame Victory March, Arkansas Fight Song, Yea Alabama, Rocky Top, Ramblin' Wreck, and Miami U Fight Song.
Posted: September 3, 2007 2:54 PM   by Anonymous J.R.
Hail to the Victor should be stricken from the records, infact they shouldn't be allowed to be called the Victors for atleast another 10 years after that loss to App. State.

Florida should have been on the list, nothing better than 91,000 of your closest friends in the Swamp. What about "We are the Boys"? I'm not sure it qualifies as a fight song but it sure is a powerful song during a Home game against Tenn. or FSU.
Posted: September 3, 2007 3:07 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
a list without Rocky Top, Arkansas Fight Song, and ND is a joke.
Posted: September 3, 2007 4:31 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
the Aggie War Hymn
Whoooooop
tennessee's fight song SUCKS. It's so annoying.

My list:
LSU
Michigan
BAMA
Florida State
Texas
Florida?

I heard a great parody of notre dame's and USC's fight song, but I can't repeat them
Posted: September 3, 2007 7:49 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Who compiled this list? ASU?, CAL? , UCLA? are you kidding?
ALthough I am a Buckeye, how do you not have Notre Dame, Michigan and Ohio State?
Without those 3 this list terrible
USC is the only worthy one on this list
Posted: September 3, 2007 9:18 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
We saw your post the first time. We also saw Desean take a punt 77 yards back against Tennessee, so I don't think he's that worried about their football team or their fight song.
Posted: September 4, 2007 12:54 AM   by Anonymous johnny cool
ON WISCONSIN!!!!!!!
Posted: September 4, 2007 3:41 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
1. Tar Heel born and bred
2. Rocky Top
3. Ramblin Wreck
Posted: September 4, 2007 11:24 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
all the service academies are good especially air force
Posted: September 4, 2007 11:50 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Notre Dame and Michigan have to be on the list!! Any other list is a joke!
this list isnt supposed to be about football...

1. uk- my school...
2. notre dame
3. ohio st
4. tennessee
5. usc
this list isnt supposed to be about football...

1. uk- my school...
2. notre dame
3. ohio st
4. tennessee
5. usc
1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. Alabama
5. LSU

You can't beat TBDBITL. OSU is hands down the #1.
Posted: September 11, 2007 4:39 PM   by Anonymous Steve
1. Notre Dame
2. Michigan
3. Oklahoma
4. Navy
5. Tennessee

Lot of good ones out there. Hard to argue with anybody's list. But its definitely one of the reasons I like going to college games.
Posted: September 12, 2007 8:29 PM   by Anonymous Park Ridge Irish
Any list not including Hail To The Victors (Michigan) and The Notre Dame Victory March is meaningless.
Posted: September 13, 2007 10:40 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
1)michigan
2)notre dame
3)FSU.......def intimidating
4)usc
5)texas
Posted: September 22, 2007 11:20 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
How could you leave Hail to the Victor and FLORIDA STATE'S FIGHT SONG off the list?
Posted: September 24, 2007 10:43 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
i agree hail to the victors should be on there but so should three in one
Posted: September 25, 2007 8:59 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
How about the VMI Spirit(OK, they haven't had a winning season since before most of the team was born, but...)
divider line