Extra MustardSI On CampusFantasyPhoto GalleriesSwimsuitVideoFanNationSI KidsTNT
Daily ListBack to Extra Mustard
We rank 'em. You react. That's how the Daily List rolls.
12/07/2007 04:29:00 PM

Athletes Who Should be Supermodels

Oakland Arena
These two Victoria Secret models think Serena Williams should quit tennis and become a model.
Photo courtesy of Virgin America
By Arash Markazi, SI.com

Selita Ebanks has walked down runways all over the globe but she's never strutted her stuff down an airline aisle way. That was until last week when she and Miranda Kerr hosted a Victoria's Secret Supermodel Pajama Party on a Virgin America flight from New York to Los Angeles.

Over the course of the six-hour flight, Ebanks - a SI swimsuit model -- and Kerr, both dressed in comfy PJs, made in-flight announcements ("Who wants free drinks?"), turned the first class area into a dance floor (no seatbelts needed) and found time to chat with us about sports.

While Kerr loves watching Rugby, she thinks that she and the rest of the Victoria Secret's Angels could make a mark in the sports world if they wanted to. "I always wanted to be a famous gymnast and I used to be a gymnast when I was growing up so I could be a gymnast," she said. "I think Selita with those long legs she could possibly do the high jump, Karolina [Kurkova] I think she's would be good swimmer, she has those long arms and legs, I think that Heidi [Klum] would be a good runner with her energy and then Adriana [Lima] maybe she'd be good at the long jump with those long legs of hers. I'm sure she'd get a lot of coverage."

Meanwhile Ebanks, who can often be found courtside at Knicks games, thinks that it would probably be more likely to see athletes make the transition to the runway than the Angels competing in the Olympics. With that in mind she gives her top five athletes that could one day be supermodels.

1. Serena Williams - Well I would definitely put Serena at the top of this list because I think her body, which I've seen, is insane and that girl has some "Mmm, mmm, mmm." Actually our little thing is saying that you're the bomb.com and she's definitely the bomb.com. I guess that's the thing we share.

2. Tom Brady - I would say Brady because he's hot who doesn't want to see him topless. He's a winner on and off the field.

3. David Beckham – Who doesn't love Beckham? He's perfect hot.

4. Kelly Slater – He's so hot and he's best surfer in the world. I guess there's something about being hot and being really good at your sport.

5. Osi Umenyiora - His features remind me a little of Tyson Beckford. He has great features but I think he has to hit the gym a little bit before he hits the runway but I'm sure he has the confidence to pull any look off.

Honorable Mention: Nate Robinson – He's my favorite basketball player but I don't think he would have the confidence to pull it off but it would be hilarious. I love little Nate, he looks like a little 50 Cent. Whenever I go to the games I harass him so bad like, "Yo, little 25" or I'm like, "Get that little 50," because he plays with so much ambition. I love that. That's hot.

Did Selita miss any? What athletes do you see walking the runway one day?
posted by SI.com | View comments |

Comments:

Posted: December 7, 2007 5:11 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Jennie Finch should make this list.
Ana Ivanovic
Allison Stokke
Sarah Burke
Maria Sharapova
Posted: December 8, 2007 12:48 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Giselle has dated two of the guys in these girl's top five
Posted: December 8, 2007 1:43 AM   by Anonymous matty t
serena williams? are u kidding me? that is absurd. she sickens me.
Serena? Yeah, right. We'd all love to see her over Maria Sharapova.
Posted: December 8, 2007 9:33 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
This list is dumb. All 5 are dudes.
Posted: December 8, 2007 10:11 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
i have to agree with matty t. i dont see what u see in serena. shes is so gross and disgusting
Posted: December 8, 2007 10:50 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Serena??? I just don't think there are any 195 pound supermodels...
Posted: December 8, 2007 12:04 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
I agree Serena Williams shouldn't make that list. She's got a bigger booty than Tyra Banks, her thighs are thicker than a lot of men's waists, and she's just chunky all around. She looks more like a man.
Posted: December 8, 2007 5:02 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
serena Williams oh yeah that's right
Posted: December 8, 2007 7:56 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Following the tennis theme:
Anna Kournikova
Martina Hingis
Maria Sharapova

Not the Williams sisters, models are supposed to be more delicate, they are too manly to be models.
Ewww Serena Williams? She looks like Eddie Winslow in a wig.
Posted: December 8, 2007 10:00 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
david carr - quite the looker, not the quarterback. also, jason taylor, miami dolphins. owen daniels, houston texans.
Posted: December 9, 2007 12:41 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
williams is just not good looking, nothing against, just not pretty..
Posted: December 9, 2007 1:20 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Serena Williams a supermodel?
She looks loke LaVar Arrington and has bigger feet than Shaq.
The only product she could model would be for anything pro-masturbation.
Posted: December 9, 2007 4:44 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
seriously search and find Meredith Nelson senior last year. University of Minnesota volleyball. All American middle blocker. 6'3" Blonde beautiful
Posted: December 9, 2007 12:23 PM   by Anonymous Billy Bob
Serena has the legs and butt of a line backer. They don't make attractive clothing in her size.
Posted: December 9, 2007 3:02 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Jennie Finch
Ana Ivanovic
Posted: December 9, 2007 5:03 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
why would you mention serena williams? she isn't the slightest bit attractive.
Posted: December 10, 2007 12:58 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
ive gotta agree with matty..serenas not good lookibg at all..not even average
Don't forget Danica Patrick. She makes my heart race!
Posted: December 10, 2007 10:09 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Heather Mitts
Posted: December 10, 2007 10:56 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
gabriela sabbatini
Posted: December 10, 2007 11:06 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Marat Safin and Feliciano Lopez. They are tennis players. Way better looking than any of the men on this list except maybe the surfer.

Serena????
I don't think she is hideous but if she were not a tennis player who would look twice at her? Extremely fit with a nice, average face. But there is certainly nothing wrong with her.
Posted: December 10, 2007 11:28 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
I thought Serena and Venus were guys??? You mean they're not? WOW...well smack my face...then they are probably the ugliest WOMEN?? I have ever seen..
Posted: December 10, 2007 11:33 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Ashley Force should be at the top. As a competitor of hers, I can tell you that she looks great (in person) whether sweaty from battle, or all fixed up for the camera.
I totally agree that Serena should model the latest in Bigfoot wear.
I hear the fall Sasquatch line is going to be "FABULOUS".
Posted: December 10, 2007 1:54 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Feliciano Lopez, my boy is beautiful...He is number 3 on the list. I don't get Andy Roddick on here. He is cute, but that's about it

Posted: December 10, 2007 2:00 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
A Tranny at the Top of the List!!! "Serena's" brother "Venus" is probably green with envy. It's no surprise that "Serena" is #1. Trannies are hot right now...just look at prime time TV (no pun intended): "Dirty Sexy Money" & "Big Shots".
Posted: December 10, 2007 10:14 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Serena Williams? Model for what?? Mens clothes?
Posted: December 10, 2007 11:22 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Cesc Fabregas and Christiano Ronaldo
Definitely Maria Sharapova! Wow.
Posted: December 11, 2007 2:15 AM   by Anonymous Leo
Serena has the looks and attitude to be a model. All of those who say she is not pretty better take a good look at themselves in the mirror and find a reflection of Shrek as green as envy itself! These world is still full of haters and racists who only consider white as beautiful and non-whites as ugly! Thanks to these two supermodels for having the broadmindedness to look beyond color.
Posted: December 11, 2007 7:42 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Amanda Beard
Natalie Gulbis
Maria Sharapova
Stacy Keibler (yes, i realize "athlete" is pushing it, but hey... those legs...)
Posted: December 11, 2007 2:00 PM   by Anonymous Joe P.
This is a no-brainer! Serena Williams has the body of a Black Goddess. Please Serena quit tennis and go onto the runway. And please wear some bikinis so we African-American men can swoon and squeal: Thank You Jesus for this beautiful woman!!!
These idiots would swallow their tongues if they saw Serena williams in person. She is gorgeous. Tom Brady is a good looking dude. And the best quarterback ever...I hate that guy!
Posted: December 12, 2007 4:34 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Serena Williams is one of those women with perfectly average, pretty but not exceptional facial features, whose face comes alive with the force of her personality. Not classically beautiful, but extraordinarily charismatic and attractive.

And sure, if you're a scrawny guy, a woman with muscles can be intimidating. But if strong women don't frighten you, then Serena's body is an amazing example of power and athleticism. It's also one of most beautiful bodies you will ever see, anywhere.

Put Serena's face together with that body and her enormous personal charisma, and you've got one of the sexiest women on the planet. Yes, I also love the slender, waif-like look, and the classic Hollywood glamour look, but on the list of women I'd do anything to spend one night with, Serena's right around number five (after Halle Berry, Scarlett Johanson, Salma Hayek and Jennifer Tilly).
Posted: December 14, 2007 9:00 PM   by Anonymous jonnyireland
Why can men not like Serena? It has nothing to do with color. She just is not attractive. Jada Pinkett is and she is black. Serena just really looks like a Volkswagon. If you like really big girls i guess she is okay. She isn't graceful or eye-catching though. I am a big guy, 6'1" and 190, so don't give me that small guy crap. She simply is fugly.
Posted: December 16, 2007 8:15 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Sorry...not even a B10 guy but if you can honestly say that Ohio State vs. Michigan is not the biggest college football rivalry, you need your writing privileges taken away!!! I'll even say it is bigger than Red Sox vs. Yankees. When it comes to college football rivalries, it is a no brainer! Retire now.
Posted: January 7, 2008 1:47 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Those Williams' brothers are tough to look at...
Posted: January 8, 2008 8:51 PM   by Anonymous jb
that isnt fat..serena is muscle..you cant play pro tennis and be very fat..its easily as hard as basketball if not harder..sexy doesnt have to be petite...there are millions of petite women who are FAT you just cant tell until you touch their muscle devoid bodies id take serena any day over some boney model who cant walk 100yrds w/o needing a break...
Posted: January 9, 2008 11:07 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
This list needs to be done by a man! I would take Amanda Beard over Serena any day!
Posted: January 31, 2008 12:49 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
why is this list all men?
Posted: January 31, 2008 10:02 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Any of the Force girls - Ashley, Brittany or Courtney.
Posted: February 5, 2008 12:33 PM   by Anonymous european
You fucking yanks r so full of shit u know what I don’t blame u it not your fault your stupid weather u be white or black but guessing for most of the responses ill say white with flat asses…. which I cant stand ……first off a supermodels just has to fit the requirements height, good skin and symmetrical face to come out in photos well weather this face is ugly or beautiful that dose not matter and is not the point it just has to be eye catching, wired, because there are a lot of damn ugly models and there is nothing u or me can do about it just like im not in to Maria Sharapova’s ulgy face and her body (where is it) but people like her, the models like Serena William’s for her BODY (thebomb) thats why they were like mmm mmm they know it’s nothing to do with modelling the girl has a body and a half on her no joke!!!! the models know and would not mind it on them they know people look and talk lots of men lots black some white have talked about her ass and tits come on it hard to look anywhere else looks like a lot of white women with no ass atall lol or gay men …..lololo...
Posted: February 5, 2008 12:35 PM   by Anonymous Anonymous
Posted: February 25, 2008 12:09 AM   by Anonymous Anonymous
I understand this something white people might not get but black people knows that food is to eat and keep down
divider line