We rank 'em. You react. That's how the Daily List rolls.
7/21/2008 09:34:00 AM
Five Cat Fights We'd Like to See
We'd love to see Bobby Bowden and Joe Paterno turn on each other.
Al Bello/Getty Images
By Lang Whitaker, SI.com
By now you've probably seen the dust-up yesterday between Danica Patrick and Milka Duno. It was odd, yes, but more than anything else it was amazing, definitely. I want more. Here are five other pairings I'd like to see escalate into wimpy towel hostility, mostly for humor's sake.
1. Bobby Bowden vs. Joe Paterno: Might be like watching the tortoise versus the tortoise. I'd definitely order it on PPV.
2. Roger Clemens vs. Brian McNamee: I'm pretty sure I know how this would play out, but it might be entertaining to watch anyway.
3. Bill Parcells vs. Jason Taylor: The Tuna seems to style himself as a tough guy but armed with just a towel against Jason Taylor, I wonder if Parcells would stand down?
4. Ana Ivanovic vs. Ashley Harkleroad: For obvious reasons.
5. Rafael Nadal vs. Roger Federer: Maybe these two could duel with their headbands instead of towels.
Which sports twosome would you like to see square off next? Let us know below...
Lang Whitaker is the executive editor of SLAM magazine and writes daily at SLAMonline.com