Who Should and Shouldn't be Entering the NBA Draft
DJ Augustin, Texas (staying) – Right choice. His game still needs refining.
Darren Collison, UCLA (staying) – Wrong choice. He was arguably the best player on a Final Four team.
Taurean Green, Florida (leaving) – Wrong choice. One more year at Florida could have helped solidify him as an NBA talent. Now, he’s the “fourth guy” from that Florida team.
Tyler Hansbrough, North Carolina (staying) – Right choice. This year’s draft is stocked with big men and Carolina is the favorite to win it all next season.
Ty Lawson, North Carolina (staying) – Right choice. With Hansbrough staying, Lawson would be a fool to leave a potential championship team.
Chase Budinger, Arizona (staying) – Right choice. His game needs work, and he's a cult hero at Tuscon. Why leave that?
Hasheem Thabeet, UConn (staying) – Right choice. His game needs a lot of work, and he should stay in Storrs not only next season, but the following one as well.
Those are some of the big names, but there are others we didn’t mention who are staying in school another year (Drew Neitzel, Chris Lofton, Ronald Steele) and others who are leaving early (Mike Conley Jr., Glen “Big Baby” Davis, Roy Hibbert). What would you do if you were these players?
2008 Mock NFL Draft
1. Oakland: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
2. Texans: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
3. Vikings: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
4. Lions: Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
5. Buccaneers: Sam Baker, LT, USC
6. Dolphins: Chad Henne, QB, Michigan
7. Cardinals: Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida
8. Titans: Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
9. Cowboys (via Browns): Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
10. Falcons: Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
To see the rest of the first-round picks, click here. Now we want to hear from you -- what did Perloff get wrong? What did he get right? Give us your 2008 draft thoughts.
What does your 2008 Top 10 look like?
10. Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
9. Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
8. Chris Long, DE, Virginia
7. Phillip Merling, DL, Clemson (underclassmen)
6. Chad Henne, QB, Michigan
5. Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas (underclassmen)
4. Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
3. Calais Campbell, DE, Miami-FL
2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
1. Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas (underclassmen)
Do you agree/disagree with this list? What does your Top 10 look like and who might move up or down?
Do you have a topic worth venting about? Send your suggestions here.