FM Awards: Young Manager of the Season
As leagues around the globe sprint towards their thrilling conclusions, we are excited to announce that we have partnered with Sports Interactive for this year's Football Manager Awards! Celebrating the skills (or fashion) required to do one of the most difficult jobs in the world, you can now vote for your top footy gaffers of the past year in categories ranging from war of the words (Yes, Mancini does appear) to most successful transfer.
These are the only awards where Steve Kean and Jurgen Klopp rub shoulders, Neil Lennon and Paulo Di Canio attempt to out-shout one another and Ole Gunnar Solskjær is legitimately young (and not just baby-faced).
Sport Illustrated are partners of the Young Manager of the Season award. The nominees of outstanding managerial talent, aged 45 or under, are below;
• Diego Simeone (42, Atlético Madrid) -- only took the job in December, but has already delivered his first silverware
• Paul Lambert (42, Norwich) -- back-to-back promotions followed by a nerveless season in the top flight ... makes it all look a bit easy, really
• Brendan Rodgers (39, Swansea) -- for doing 'the impossible'... comfortably surviving a first Premier League season while continuing to play passing football
• Ole Gunnar Solskjær (39, Molde) -- for winning the Norwegian league in his first season in the hot seat
• Frank de Boer (41, Ajax) -- for delivering back-to-back championships with a resurgent Ajax
Click on the links to register your votes ahead of the winners being announced on May 18th
Young Manager Of The Year Award: http://www.sigames.com/polls/football_manager_awards_2012.php#ymoty