12. Fan Man. Nobody has dropped that easily in a boxing ring since Buster Douglas.
11. Andre Ware. Won Heisman Trophy five years ago—but Ware's he now?
10. Mario Mendoza. He batted less than .200 five times in his career, creating baseball's litmus test for lousy hitting.
9. Mitch (Blood) Green. This heavyweight had his driver's license suspended 54 times. His eye broke Mike Tyson's hand outside an all-night Harlem boutique. He was twice convicted of stealing gas from service stations, once even commandeering a pump and filling up other customers' tanks. And we still like him more than we like Don King.
8. Vince McMahon. Nobody since Joan Embery has done as much with animals as the WWF czar.
7. Steve Howe. Everybody deserves a seventh chance.
6. Phyllis George. Nearly destroyed women's sportscasting, and then, as coanchor of CBS Morning News, suggested a rapist and his victim hug on national TV.
5. Chuck Wepner. The Bayonne Bleeder's chin was the step-ladder to the stars.
4. Bobby Riggs. Set the male gender back 30 years.
3. Larry Brown. He is to basketball what Liz is to marriage.