6. Before he played—and beat—Nicklaus in singles in 1977, Bernard Gallacher:
a. Tossed a rubber snake at Nicklaus on the 1st tee.
b. Bought a new putter in the golf shop because his had been stolen as he made his way from the practice range to the 1st tee.
c. Had breakfast at his hotel with the actors who starred in Starsky and Hutch.
d. Threw up.
7. Samuel Ryder, who founded the match, made .his fortune selling:
a. Paper clips and staples.
b. Penny seed packets.
c. Penny stocks.
d. Messerschmitt parts.
8. With 41 matches in 10 Ryder Cups, no one has played more than:
a. Seve Ballesteros.
b. Lanny Wadkins.
c. Nick Faldo.
d. Wayne Levi.
9. What did Nicklaus say in 1969 when he picked up Jacklin's marker, conceding the putt to halve the match and allow Britain to tie?
a. "We tied? Uh-oh."
b. "Hey, somebody dropped a dime."
c. "I was sure you'd make it, but I wasn't prepared to see you miss."
d. "You deserved to win."
10. The U.S. Ryder Cuppers were seen as impolite guests in 1949 when they brought with them to Britain:
a. Matching team outfits.
b. Their own food, including 660 steaks and 12 boxes of bacon.
c. Cuban cigars.
d. Ben Hogan.