1. "The only thing that scares me about the Americans now is the clothes they wear."
2. "This guy has never beaten me in a serious match, and he never will."
3. "Next week we'll still have the best golfers in the world."
4. "We can never hope to beat the Americans unless we learn to putt."
5. "They're a lot of crybabies."
6. "A lamer excuse could not possibly be offered."
7. "I was yelling ' Toyota!' on the next tee."
8. "I remember him saying on the 1st tee, 'You've beaten me once, but there ain't no way you're going to beat me again.' "
9. "Ladies and gentlemen, the United States Ryder Cup team—the finest golfers in the world."
10. "It's like watching two glaciers."