Hollywood is getting extreme. While traditional sports subjects continue to be movie staples, filmmakers have also started to mine the world of skateboarding, snowboarding and BMX. In their rush to get rad, however, producers have plunged ahead with some concepts that are, shall we say, extreme. See if you can spot the movie project that is not for real.
1. After an evil developer (Lee Majors) buys a snowboarding haven and tries to turn it into an espresso-and-tofu ski resort, four snowboarding pals team up with his sexy and rebellious daughters to keep the mountain yuppie-free.
2. A hockey-playing chimp is chased out of a pro league by jealous human rivals and ends up on the streets, where a homeless boy teaches him how to skateboard. The duo goes on to wow the judges at a national skateboarding competition.
3. A Mafia hit man ( Joe Pesci) enters the witness protection program, which places him in a California beach community dominated by skateboarders and BMX bikers. To fit in, the mobster must learn to skate and ride.
4. A popular extreme sports star ( Vin Diesel) is drafted by the U.S. government to become a secret agent and infiltrate a crime ring.
5. Four college buddies set out on an extreme-sports-themed road trip. Along the way they pick up girls, joke about flatulence and learn Christian values.
6. A hard-core surfer ( Sean Penn) sells his home so he can trek through the Central American underworld in search of his best friend, a fellow surfer named Captain Zero.