a. "What happened to the one I gave you last year?"
b. "Mind if I play through, you old coot?"
c. "I don't suppose you remembered to bring a club and ball, either?"
d. "Oh, no. Not you again."
11. Who was the first player to win the tournament three times?
a. Ben Hogan
b. Sam Snead
c. Arnold Palmer
d. Jimmy Demaret
12. With the 1992 tournament effectively won, what did Fred Couples say to his caddie on the 72nd hole as he waited to play his approach?
a. "Whatever you do, don't let Debbie jump on me again like the last time."
b. "You know, Joe, I don't even own a sport coat."
c. "I don't have to give a speech or anything, do I?"
d. "Can you believe the Knicks only scored 37 points in the first half last night?"
13. According to Bobby Jones, why was he assigned to an intelligence job interviewing German prisoners of war during World War II?
a. He'd taken a semester of German in college.
b. He told a superior officer that he'd read Faust.
c. He was the only man in his outfit who'd visited Europe before the war.
d. All of the above.
14. Gary Player's father, Harry, in a 1957 letter to tournament officials seeking an invitation for his son (left), said that while Gary didn't have the money for the trip, Harry would "pass the hat" among friends if Gary was invited. What did Roberts say in his reply?
a. "Your name has been added to our list of patrons waiting for badges, thank you."
b. "Tell your son to keep practicing."
c. "Pass the hat."
d. "Why don't you call Mr. Dunlop?"
15. Tiger Woods, keeping a low profile last year while winning his fourth straight major, stayed in a private home with his personal trainer. Who prepared most of Tiger's meals?