1. On what day was Bobby Jones born?
a. Valentine's Day
b. St. Patrick's Day
c. Groundhog Day
d. April Fools' Day
2. Who was so short on money that he wasn't sure he could afford the train fare to the inaugural Masters in 1934, but died 2� months before the tournament?
a. Sportswriter Paul Gallico
b. Course designer Alister Mackenzie
c. Former president Theodore Roosevelt
d. Harry Vardon
3. Why did Olin Dutra, the 1932 PGA champion, turn down an invitation to the first Masters?
a. He was allergic to azaleas.
b. He couldn't get off work as the pro at L.A.'s Brentwood Country Club.
c. He owed Bobby Jones more than $2,500.
d. He was giving lessons to John D. Rockefeller.
4. Why did Gene Sarazen skip the inaugural Masters?
a. He was making a movie in Hollywood with W.C. Fields.
b. He heard the course was bad.
c. He had already planned exhibitions in South America.
d. He had already planned a snipe hunt.
5. Mark O'Meara, en route to winning the 1998 Masters with a birdie on the final hole, was eight under on the 71st tee when told that David Duval had finished eight under. O'Meara's response?