a. Bill Laimbeer
b. John McEnroe
c. Dan Quinn
d. Jimmy Piersall
11. What did Brad Faxon tell a fan who asked him to smile for a practice-round picture at the 1997 Open at Congressional?
a. "It's a U.S. Open—I can't smile."
b. "I think you have me confused with a certain Cablinasian."
c. "Would you cut it out, Mom?"
d. "I'll pose for a picture, but I'm not going to sign your ball."
12. At the 1928 Open at Olympia Fields, Roland Hancock needed only a bogey and a par to win but made a bogey and a double. What had a fan shouted at Hancock as he walked to the 17th tee?
a. "One more par and you've beaten Bobby Jones!"
b. "Clear the way for the new champion!"
c. "Back to Scotland, Mrs. Doubtfire!"
d. "Miss it, Noonan!"
13. The '32 Open, won by Gene Sarazen, was played at a Tillinghast course in Flushing, N.Y., that was later plowed under to make room for apartments and a shopping center. What was the name of the course?
a. The Links at Flushing
b. Myopia Hunt Club
c. Fresh Meadow Country Club
d. Bushwood Yacht & Golf Club
14. What did Ralph Guldahl do on the final green before putting out to win the '37 Open at Oakland Hills?
a. Removed his lucky fedora.
b. Combed his hair so he'd look good for photographers.
c. Tackled a man who tried to steal his ball as a souvenir.
d. Said, "At least I didn't do a Roland Hancock!"
15. Which player missed the cut last year at Southern Hills?