9. After the Colts won their second NFL title, in 1959, Unitas made national TV appearances on variety shows and was reported to have agreed to star in a movie with what Hollywood legend?
10. Why, in 1964, were Unitas and his business partners sued for $3 million?
1. Unitas accidentally shot himself in the finger while cleaning a .38 revolver.
2. At 6 feet, 138 pounds, Unitas was deemed too small by Notre Dame coaches.
3. Unitas flunked the summer school entrance exam.
4. He was showing a Chinese nun how to hold a football.
5. He worked construction, primarily as a pile driver, and played for the Bloomfield Rams of the Greater Pittsburgh League.
6. They were singing the jingle for Mary Sue Easter Eggs, a Baltimore candy company.
7. He won a Chevrolet Corvette.